This job might no longer be available.
Associate Quest Designer - Diablo IV
7 days ago
Job Title:Associate Quest Designer - Diablo IV
The Diablo IV team is looking for a hardworking Quest Designer with a combined skills that blends compelling gameplay and storytelling to help us build play areas, quests, characters, and dialogue for Diablo IV!
The ideal candidate is able to collaborate within design, audio, localization, art, world-building, and engineering groups to efficiently and creatively implement story-focused content.
- Knowledge of Blizzard worlds and gameplay values — specifically, within the gothic dark fantasy of Diablo
- Proven ability to craft quests, stories, characters, and events within game development toolsets
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of quest design, including key gameplay concepts, pacing, story delivery, and character voice
- Proven grasp of the styles of writing and visual storytelling that work best for dark fantasy and gothic horror role-playing themes
- Experience with world building and writing for role playing games
- Ability to communicate effectively in crafting scenes and story that encourages creativity in your fellow team members
- Able to work to maintain a positive demeanor in a creatively driven, highly collaborative, and iterative team environment
- Minimum 1+ years game design experience
- Broad knowledge of successful games, books, and movies in dark fantasy and gothic horror genres, and the ability to speak to what made them successful
- Experience with scripting languages such as LUA or Python
- Proven understanding of technical writing and editing
- Experience crafting quests, points of interest, and characters within a shared world
- Experience crafting and running pen and paper RPG campaigns, and/or live-action RPGs
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter, including:
- What games you are currently playing
- Your experience with PC and console role-playing games and specifically the Diablo series
- Portfolio or examples of prior design work
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com . General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.