This job might no longer be available.
Associate Quality Designer
1 month ago
EAX QA is looking for you to fill an Associate Quality Designer (AQD) role for the EAX QA Team. You will manage the management of the team's quality strategies for applied automation strategies, as well as, together with our leadership team, defining best practices for our Quality Analyst job family. You will oversee the quality of the mac product, ensuring it achieves an engaging experience that is tailored to mac players. You will ensure the team is focused on providing the strongest end-to-end coverage and experience for EA's players, and to help EA accomplish its commitment to putting Players First.
- Provide leadership to the EAX business from an Analyst perspective for applied automation strategies.
- Help promote a united automation roadmap and determine goals for EAX QA and DEV partners for EAX products.
- Contribute to long-range plans for quality strategies for EAX platforms.
- Use metrics and analytics to monitor and report on the product's health and identify important issues to resolve.
- Help assess the impact of the product features and their influence on performance metrics.
- Propose and provide solutions to problems from senior staff.
- Track dependencies and overall impact to projects into account when providing solutions.
- Report progress and status through regular email or virtual face-to-face communication with appropriate leads/managers.
- Mentor the analyst team through informal/formal coaching and leading by example.
- Drive sharing of best practices across scrums and teams.
- Capture important knowledge through creation and updating of resources such as wikis, documents, forums, and encourages others to do the same.
- Contribute and audit ONE QA team strategies and test plans to ensure the correct application of verification.
- Help improve Bug Prevention and Containment programs for EAX QA.
- Develop relationships with senior members of the development, product, and design teams.
You are a….
Strategic Leader: your strategic planning and makes you someone who can balance and prioritize short-term solutions without losing sight of the long-term vision. When making important decisions, you leave no variable unturned, including project scope, scheduling, the viability of launches, risks, and mitigation, and efficient issue escalation.
Culturally Astute: you are comfortable forging alliances across organizational and geographical barriers to shore up support for player-first projects; you never stop learning about agile culture.
Gamer: you have a passion for play and whether this be through the nostalgia of spending quarters at an arcade to experimenting with the latest sports simulation, you love the games, community, and industry
Self-starting: you see ambiguity as a challenge and an opportunity; your built-in compass helps steer your team true even when conditions are foggy.
Quality Focused: you desire to help ensure we achieve products with excellent quality to our players and look for ways to improve our methods and approaches.
Data-informed: you find and address risks, construct project schedules, and prepare status reports; you befriend performance metrics and measurement techniques because they help you assess how well system-related services are running.
Morale builder: incident and problem management can feel like the world is on the shoulders of the team; you know how to keep spirits high and build team morale to find success in goals that we foster and achieve.
Communicator: your excellent verbal and written communication skills apply across audiences; you know how to collect information and communicate it in a clear and succinct manner that gets to the point and rallies team members to action.
- 3+ years Quality Analyst experience
- Familiarity with Origin & EA Desktop products and offers
- Experience with PC testing tools (Fiddler, ODT, FRAPS)
- Experience working with Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Experience with Bug Prevention and Containment strategies
- Familiar with automated testing and benefits
- Advanced knowledge of JIRA
- Experience with automation application
Want to learn more about EAX?
EAX is a inspired team within EA that manages several digital distribution and subscription products including EA Play. EA Play allows users to purchase subscriptions and games on PC and console platforms. Users can stay connected to everything, take their pick of all the great games in 'The Vault' and play as much as they want for a low monthly, and even lower annual, a subscription fee. They can put upcoming EA games to the test before the release date with exclusive Play First Trials.
EA Play subscription service: https://www.ea.com/ea-play