This job might no longer be available.
Associate Quality Designer - (Apex Legends)
16 days ago
Founded in 2010 by the original creators of the Call of Duty Franchise, Respawn was created with the philosophy that when experienced people have creative freedom, they'll make extraordinary games that achieve the unexpected. We love what we do and want to share our passion with players worldwide. Our shipped titles include critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends, Titanfall, Titanfall 2, Star Wars™ Jedi: Fallen Order and Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond. Join us for the opportunity to create groundbreaking games with some of the best developer talent in the industry.
What's in it for you?
Respawn is looking for an Associate Quality Designer to join an established, experienced team working on Apex Legends.
This is an opportunity to join a veteran team and help ensure quality across a large franchise spanning multiple studios around the world. Working with the QA organization, you will guide the end-to-end quality strategy for a feature, collaborating with Quality Assurance, Quality Engineering, Data Analytics, and key stakeholders in Design and Development to ensure that your feature is delivered on-time, and at-quality.
You will report to a Development Manager.
What skills do we look for?
You have 2+ years of experience working with a mix of local, off-site/remote, and external teams. You understand testing methodologies, including processes of high-functioning Quality Assurance teams. You have a knowledge of software development processes, change management, and process improvement.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- Defining, implementing, and evolving metrics, reporting mechanisms, and communication of processes and knowledge to the teams.
- Help evolve a QA or development team, with a focus on expanding team capabilities and responsibilities.
- Improve the effectiveness of a QA effort by assessing current practices and incorporating new strategies, including further use of technology, automation, and development of new test tools.
- Form relationships across QA and development teams, and other essential partners.
- Communicate risks, concerns, and successes to partners.
- Mentor team members through the use of constructive feedback.