This job might no longer be available.
Associate QA Tester (Contract)
28 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Associate Quality Assurance Tester (Contract)
San Mateo, CA
The Associate Quality Assurance (QA) Tester - Contractor supports the Digital Operations team by performing quality control/assurance tasks on PlayStation Store and PlayStation Network content. The successful Associate QA Tester reviews all downloadable content on all PlayStation platforms (PS4, PS3, Vita, PS5) and online storefronts before the content publishes to the live environment. The role requires an expertise in customer service, attention to details, partner communication (written and verbal), and a working understanding of entertainment software. Ideal candidates will be able to work well under deadline pressure, prioritize tasks, and quickly adapt to change.
Principle Duties / Responsibilities:
- Execute text plans against content staged for publication
- Respond to Customer Service inquiries related to problems identified on the PlayStation Store
- Work with Digital Operators to identify and roll-out solutions to bugs found as a result of quality tests
Required Knowledge / Skills:
- A relentless passion for perfection and a keen eye for detail
- Strong understanding of web-based technology and network infrastructure
- Experience working with content management systems
- Must be willing to work overtime and occasionally on weekends
- Ability to have a flexible approach to working hours to support global business operations.
Preferred Experience / Education:
- One year of QA experience
- Database data entry experience
- An understanding of industry trends, practices, and genres; specifically in the PlayStation ecosystem
- Proven experience working in a cross-cultural, multi-national organization
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information , including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information , including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.