This job might no longer be available.
Associate QA Technician (12 Month Fixed-Term Contract)
Horsham, United Kingdom
15 days ago
ApplyThis is a great first step into the world of development QA and is an entry level position in the QA team which works across all Creative Assembly’s award-winning series of Total War games. The role involves testing across a range of titles that are currently in development including DLC for existing releases and new projects in development. As an Associate QA Technician, you will have the opportunity to work alongside our development teams to accurately report issues on all aspects of the game.
We are looking for someone with strong communication and organisational skills who enjoys playing Total War and other strategy games, with a strong academic background in a game related field who is willing to learn from the ground up the process of testing. They will need to be able to work with various disciplines within game development to provide detailed reproduction steps for bugs.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of Total War games, including multiplayer titles and has a background or degree in a relevant field of software development. They will have a passion for games and games development who can work under direction to complete tasks in the given time frames. They will need to be self-motivated to learn the many and varied skills and processes involved in development QA who is comfortable in asking questions and seeking out information.
The primary functions of the role are to find, grade and report defects completely and concisely and aid in the reproduction and further investigation of issues as required, communicating key defects, feedback, testing requirements and potential risks to QA Leads.
You will be responsible for following set tasks and objectives from structured test plan runs that need to be followed precisely to open destructive testing. You will test every assigned area using debugging tools to help aid in reproduction and testing.
Working with the rest of QA, you will aim to provide the highest quality overall release of each title worked on by the given deadlines. Achieved primarily through the logging and communicating of concise defects with the correct classification.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to relay important information in the most suited format.
- Ability to take on new information and learn new processes.
- A familiarity of Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Ability to follow set process and apply a methodical approach when investigating issues.
- A passion for video games and a desire to be part of the creative process involved in developing video games.
- A University degree or equivalent in a relevant field that can be applied to Games Testing.
- Experience playing a wide range of titles in the Total War franchise both new and old.
This role is a Fixed-Term Contract until end of May 2021. All applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK.
- Wide ranging experience playing a variety of PC video games including the Real-Time Strategy genre of games.
- Knowledge of the development process and the various disciplines involved.
- Knowledge of Jira, DevSuite and Perforce.
- Knowledge of PC hardware and software on multiple platforms.
- Experience of playing strategy games in multiplayer
- Experience playing the multiplayer component of Total War
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
We have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke and funded relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialist
- Enhanced maternity and paternity, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
*some of the above in-studio benefits are on hold while we work remotely during COVID-19. Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*