Associate QA Manager
11 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Role: Associate QA Manager (Test Services, PlayStation Studios QA Europe)
An exciting opportunity to join a globally distributed team that supports PlayStation Studios & their projects.
As Associate QA Manager, your responsibilities will be working with the Test Services Management team to provide excellent testing services to PlayStation Studios. You will get to work with ground-breaking hardware and videogames within a large multicultural, multi region team; helping us drive and build the future of games & games testing.
What you’ll be doing:
- Support the management team to ensure PlayStation Studios teams are provided excellent testing services
- You will know your assigned PlayStation Studios development team well, understanding their specific needs and help develop services to meet them
- Work with the management team to develop positive and collaborative relationships with PlayStation Studios teams and ensure effective communication takes place
- Plan, implement, and report on title and department efficiencies built on titles developed by the teams you work with
- Lead testing staff, coaching, mentoring, and developing them through 1 to 1 meetings and performance reviews
- You will work alongside the management team & Production to develop and own resource plans to support the department and studios. You will assist the management team in budget related activities (for example the creation of budgets and communication)
- Working with the management team to develop strategies to improve the department, anticipating challenges, planning for upcoming platforms tools and technologies, and crafting efficiencies
- Develop your own knowledge of QA services and techniques and help drive process improvement and future PlayStation Studios QA service offerings
- Collaborate with your peer group and applicable department teams to promote knowledge sharing and the cultivation of innovation within PlayStation Studios QA
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of 1+ years’ experience in a team leadership/managerial role
- Excellent understanding of Software Development Lifecycle and Processes
- Experience with budgetary oversight and planning
- Deep understanding of quality assurance techniques, frameworks and methodologies
- Excellent communication, organisational and social skills
- Willingness to demonstrate SIE cultural leadership values: Communicates, Innovates, Collaborates, Includes
- Interactive media/games industry experience
Nice to have
- 2+ years experience in a leadership or managerial role
- Excellent PlayStation and other console platform knowledge
- Cross-cultural/Global working experience
- Knowledge of PlayStation Studios QA operations, processes, systems and workflows
- PC Games testing experience, supporting and releasing titles across a range of platforms like Steam, Epic, Origin, GOG, etc
- General understanding of PC/Mobile device compatibility testing
- Continuous Service Improvement certification (such as Lean Six Sigma, ITIL)
- Project management certification (PRINCE2, PMP)
- Software testing Qualifications (such as ISQTB® Foundation level qualification or higher)
- ITIL Foundation Certificate (or higher)
- BUPA Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- Free eye test and glasses voucher
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Subsidised Café
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.