This job might no longer be available.
Associate QA Lead
13 days ago
Job Title:Associate QA Lead
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty ® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 "Game of the Year" awards and 100 "Editor's Choice" awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty ® : Ghosts , Call of Duty ® : Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty ® : Modern Warfare . Infinity Ward employs more than 250 people in Woodland Hills, Calif., just outside of Los Angeles.
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and talented development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at https://www.infinityward.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/, and @InfinityWard on Twitter.
We are actively looking for an Associate Quality Assurance Lead.
This lead will be collaborating with production and development teams to generate and maintain comprehensive technical test plans. This lead will also be directly responsible for guiding a team of QA testers through those test plans.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Collaborates on and maintains all project related internal QA test plans.
- Creates accurate build verification reports and technical feature reports daily.
- Develop effective technical test plans to verify proper function, data content, performance, usability/playability, and hardware/software compatibility.
- Assists in forming and improving QA systems and procedures.
Managing and Mentoring
- Supervises the test team on a daily basis to ensure rapid and accurate completion of assigned tasks.
- Actively evaluates tester performance and works closely with them to alleviate any issues that arise.
- Prepares testers for additional responsibilities, such as Senior QA Testers.
- Participate in QA Tester interviews and contributes to hiring decisions.
- Reviews all issues entered by the test teams to ensure bug reports include required information and conform to Infinity Ward QA standards.
- Reviews all disputed (‘Not a Bug,’ ‘Will Not Fix,’ and ‘Duplicate’) issues with QA Manager.
- Stay abreast of technology trends and techniques in visual effects rendering as it pertains to real-time graphics engines.
- Work with and maintain platform-specific code, as necessary
- Communicate with and educate the visual effects content team about features of the effects engine and optimization techniques.
- Adhere to team coding standards and best practices.
- Understand and embrace the constraints of a game development cycle (you know when bug fixing, and optimization become more important than new features.)
- Proficient with Devtrack & Jira or similar bug tracking database.
- Able to identify defects in software titles and report defects in a clear and concise manner.
- Capacity to create and implement innovative testing procedures and materials.
- Strong working knowledge of most popular console platforms and related peripherals, PC Software/hardware, and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Shipped at least one game title, in a Senior Quality Assurance role on a AAA console video game.
- 3+ years of experience working in the game industry.
- Excellent written/spoken English.
- Strong leadership ability.
- Ability to handle high pressure situations and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Must possess excellent spoken and written communication skills and be able to work with varied staff members and personalities.
- Must be honest, punctual, and have a strong work ethic.
- Actively communicates a positive, outgoing approach to Quality Assurance. Able to give and accept positive as well as negative feedback.
- Must be an avid gamer, with interests in many different genres of games and a passion for developing high quality games.
- A strong desire to learn and understand the technologies involved in game creation.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Infinity Ward is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.