Associate Project Manager
Wizards of the Coast
Renton, Washington, United States
1 day ago
For decades, Wizards of the Coast has connected people around the world through play and imagination, with core games that have defined their genres - Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons®. We want to offer more ways to connect and play as the company grows. And that’s where you come in.
WHAT IS THIS ROLE ALL ABOUT?
The Associate Project Manager, Systems, Operations, & Service, manages the schedules, work flow, and task prioritization for implementations related to the Game Administration, Digital Game Security, and Customer Service teams. The person in this role is responsible for understanding all of the requirements needed to facilitate the smooth implementation of new products, policies, and processes into the applicable team(s) and shepherding them to ensure that each project hits its goals and remains true to its vision.
Day-to-Day Responsibilities For This Wizard
- Capture and understand project stakeholder needs, desires, and expectations and analyze the impact of the program or project on the team and company.
- Develop a communications management plan to address team needs and expectations, provide key messages in a timely fashion and in a format designed specifically for the involved parties.
- Balance the competing project constraints, such as scope, quality, schedule, resources, and risks, and delivering on all of them to team standards. Execute tactical decisions to keep projects on track within those constraints.
- Perform capacity planning and assist with resource management for constrained resources across the team.
- Partner with product managers, knowledge base administrators, end users, and management to determine quality policies, objectives, cross-project dependencies, and requirements, and ensure that they are distilled into a vision that is communicated to the team in a consistent, clear manner.
- If changes must be made to a project vision, ensure all stakeholders are aware of them and that changes are consistently and clearly shared.
- Identify scope requirements and plan the project life cycle.
- Design, maintain, and share project documentation.
AM I QUALIFIED? (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
Experience Creating and Casting these Spells:
- Designing and leveraging project schedules to ensure multi-disciplinary projects are delivered on time,
- Designing communication plans/schedules to ensure stakeholders and end users receiving pertinent information and stay updated throughout project timeline.
- Designing and delivering clear, easy-to-understand project documents.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to shepard a project through each phase of completion.
Knowledge, Abilities and Characteristics of the Ideal Wizard:
- Self-motivated and highly organized with the ability to effectively prioritize tasks without close oversight.
- A flexible, nimble approach to project planning to allow for changing plans, timelines.
- A knowledge of project management principles and practices required
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to effectively lead and work with diverse groups as an individual contributor
- A flexible approach to project planning that allows for changing timelines and plans with as little friction as possible.
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices
- Experience in writing process or process documentation/technical writing
- Excellent ability to follow-through and self-guide efforts
- Experience successfully working cross-functionally with other teams and people
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Willingness to learn and acquire new skills and adapt performance accordingly
- Working knowledge of the following programs:
- MS Outlook
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- MS PowerPoint
- Advanced understanding of Game Support Systems and Operations
- Knowledge of the following is preferred:
Education and Training:
- PMP Certification (or working toward certification) preferred
- SCRUM Certification preferred
- BA, BS, or equivalent work experience
- High School Diploma or equivalency required
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.