Associate Project Manager (Software team) - Japanese/English Bilingual (12-months FTC)
7 days ago
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Associate Project Manager (Software team) - Japanese/English Bilingual (12-months FTC)
Job Summary: Associate Project Manager who coordinates any area of the videogame localisation and related tasks. The possible area of work includes localization of in-game text and glossary terms, Q&A management and various checks related to videogame localization, etc. He/she will also handle coordination with other external partners.
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- To coordinate localisation of videogames and other related text from Japanese into French/German/Italian/Spanish. This involves communicating and coordinating schedules with various internal and external partners in the UK, US, Japan and Europe.
- Manage and submit glossary terms to internal and external partners.
- Internal Q&A management.
- To assist internal teams as necessary, including Localisation Management (Loc Support and Artwork teams), Localisation and marketing teams, etc.
What you’ll bring
- Three (3) to four (4) years of related professional experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to work under pressure, with tight deadlines and shifting schedules.
- Experience in working with a team of translators of multiple languages.
- Excellent coordination and communication skills in both English and Japanese.
- Knowledge of French/German/Italian/Spanish is an advantage but not essential.
- Knowledge/interest/experience in videogames and/or the videogame industry is a plus but not essential.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: £37000.00 - £56000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.