Associate Production Director - World of Warcraft | Irvine, CA
21 days ago
Team Name:World of Warcraft
Job Title:Associate Production Director - World of Warcraft | Irvine, CA
The World of Warcraft team is looking for an Associate Production Director to join our ranks and head up our Live Operations efforts! From Classic, to Dragonflight, Test Realms, and many other pipelines, our operations group is responsible for the deployment, triage, and stability of all our environments. The ideal candidate is self-directed, has experience improving workflows and works well under pressure. You will be expected to own and produce a section of the team and evolve how we work while delivering on time with high quality.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Irvine, CA.
- Ownership of the tactical execution and ongoing support of the World of Warcraft live operations team.
- Build, maintain and evolve a creative environment, resolve personnel challenges, motivate developers, serve as custodian of team health, set an example of positivity and foster a culture of success.
- Coach and guide the producers and engineers toward defining and achieving their career goals.
- Act as a live service owner, proactively driving issue prevention, diagnosis, mitigation, and root cause analysis.
- Set strategic and tactical direction for our Live Operations and Release Management teams.
- Work with database engineers, reliability engineers, and server engineers to solve problems and deploy builds and fixes.
- Establish best in class processes for managing and monitoring releases at a rapid cadence.
- Partner with other World of Warcraft discipline teams and advocate for sustainable and consistent solutions.
- Communicate effectively with leadership teams at all levels on project status, risks, and opportunities.
- Ensure that our game provides a highly reliable experience for our players.
- Coordinate with embedded and external teams within Blizzard to ensure our game is using supported technologies.
- Work with engineering staff and other leads of the World of Warcraft team to prioritize tasks and track development.
- Serve as an active partner within the larger World of Warcraft team leadership group identifying risks and working collaboratively to improve the sustainability of our engineering efforts.
- Build relationships and lead implementation of shared initiatives across all things World of Warcraft, and within Blizzard.
- Manage and support on-call rotations for the live service, including participation as required.
- Contribute to the culture and discipline of Production at Blizzard.
- Experience building high functioning teams.
- Strong problem solving and prioritization skills, both for your own work and for the team.
- Easy to work with for all disciplines and levels, from associate-level individual contributors up to the team's directors.
- Experience working in a live environment.
- Able to develop long-term relationships across partner teams within the organization.
- Knowledge of software development processes and/or strong project management skills.
- Calm and deliberate within a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment and handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Actively plays World of Warcraft
- Proficient with Jira and Confluence
- Direct experience in software engineering
- A strong curiosity for how things work
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
At Blizzard Entertainment, we pour our hearts and souls into everything we create. Best known for iconic video game universes including Warcraft, Overwatch, Diablo, and StarCraft, we’ve been creating genre-defining games for millions of players around the world for more than 30 years. We’re on a quest: bring our dreams to life and craft the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Hard work, iteration and polish go into the Blizzard “secret recipe,” but the most important ingredients come from talented people who share our vision. If that sounds like you, join us.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $124,400.00 - $230,300.00 Annual. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.