Associate Production Director, Engineering - World of Warcraft
12 days ago
Team Name:World of Warcraft
Job Title:Associate Production Director, Engineering - World of Warcraft
The World of Warcraft development team is looking for an Associate Production Director responsible for overseeing the engineering efforts for World of Warcraft! We want someone that can collaborate with the best game developers in the world to turn our “wouldn’t it be cool if…” ideas into reality.
We have a very talented group of people that value respect, collaboration, and a passion for World of Warcraft. We strive to maintain a friendly workplace where creativity, teamwork and greatness bring the world of Azeroth to life!
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Oversee engineering production activities for game development, content updates, and new features
- Establish strong practices for production for developers located outside of the main office location
- Drive the completion of goals and facilitate communication, organization, and accountability across all major disciplines in collaboration with other disciplines and project priorities
- Manage a team of Lead producers (including annual reviews) and provide guidance/support to ensure project goals, objectives, milestones, and deliverables are achieved
- Standardize process and status reporting methodologies for production in order to report progress and forecast dates for senior leadership and the development team
- Partner with all teams and production leadership to make informed decisions on work methods, development pipeline, and priorities
- The live operations team, who is responsible for the stability and reliability of the service will report in through you
- Participate in production leadership planning/strategizing for the World of Warcraft team
- Represent World of Warcraft expansion initiatives and opportunities to support the company at the studio-level
- Promote and contribute to a culture of diversity and inclusion
- Work closely with Loc/Regions to “think globally” about our content and make sure our creative leads/directors have the most up-to-date information regarding regulations/ratings
- 5+ years of senior-level production experience in game development
- Must have shipped at least one AAA game (preferably MMO) with responsibility for producing engineering teams
- Strong organization, communication, and strategic skills
- Steadfast self-motivation and initiative – the ability to make sense of the ambiguous
- Experience orchestrating work across art, design, engineering, and sound
- Able to work with team leads and directors to align priorities and build predictability in scheduling
- Experience tracking a sophisticated project and providing insight and influence into how to deliver more effectively and mitigate risks
- Strong project and people management skills
- Calm and deliberate within a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com . General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.