This job might no longer be available.
Associate Product Manager
2 months ago
Scientific Games, Social is a global leader focused in providing an ever-expanding portfolio of robust iGaming and Social Casino solutions to the global gaming industry. To put it simply - we make Mobile and Facebook games that are fun to play, fun to make, and we're growing like crazy! Scientific Games global reach is made possible by the expertise of our rock star teams and game makers. Want to be part of a fast-paced company that lands in the Top 1% of Social Casino games? See more details below!
SciPlay is a leading developer and publisher of digital games on mobile and web platforms, providing highly entertaining free-to-play games that millions of people play every day for their authenticity, engagement and fun.
SciPlay currently offers nine core games, including social casino games Jackpot Party Casino, Gold Fish Casino Slots, Hot Shot Casino and Quick Hit Slots, and casual games MONOPOLY Slots, Bingo Showdown, 88 Fortunes Slots, Backgammon Live, and Solitaire Pet Adventure with offices all over the world!
Due to COVID-19, our employees are working remotely until further notice. We will continue to work remotely until the company determines it is safe to return as per guidelines set by the CDC/WHO and other official state and local entities. We value the safety of our communities and employees and look forward to joining each other again as we re-open our offices when it is safe to do so and all appropriate safety measures are in place.
Product Managers manage the life-cycle of in-game mechanics and features. Responsible for projecting revenue impact through data and statistical methods, conducting A/B tests to isolate the impact of individual features, and evaluate the results of these tests. Work with other Product Managers and Analysts to provide a complete analysis of each element of an individual product to drive revenue and meet the product goals. This specific position will work directly with the Director of Product on driving new events and promotions into Gold Fish Casino. Working closely with the live operations team, this position should understand how to drive positive player behavior on a day by day basis.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborate with Director of Product and Director of Monetization on new features.
- Own features from spec creation through development.
- Highly focused on features that drive engagement through the means of events and promotions.
- Iterate on and maintain existing specs before and during production to ensure accurate requirements are always available as the single source of truth.
- Estimate the revenue impact of new features or optimizations
- Work with Executive Producer and Engineering leads to create accurate ROI estimates based on revenue impacts and development cost
- Design and maintain a high quality backlog of “ready to implement” features for Roadmapping and Sprint planning with easily understandable specifications documents.
- Work with art, engineering, and production to ensure planned feature specs are 100% approved, cost-evaluated, and ready for implementation at the start of each sprint. This includes final UX design flows from Art.
- Work with Analytics to plan comprehensive testing strategies for features that will be tested in-game
- Attend daily stand-ups and weekly meetings with the development team, other Product Managers, and Analysts
- Act as day-to-day primary point of contact for any product related questions from the game team.
- Review daily KPIs and proactively identify opportunities, trends, and threats to the product.
- Evaluate notable competitors and share key insights / learnings to test.
- Document our processes and best practices
- Constantly seek improvement opportunities in our day-to-day workflows
- Create presentations of notable successful cross-genre mechanics for sharing with broader PM org and executive leadership team.
- Evaluate test results of implemented features and make recommendations for future iterations.
- Bachelor's degree with significant coursework in computer science or a related field.
- Must be passionate about the product and has a strong desire to move the genre forward.
- Motivated to win market share while building a high quality product.
- 3+ years relevant experience
- MBA or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience in gaming, social, online casino, or consumer mobile live service products.
- PLUS: Previously worked designing events/promotions on a mobile game.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- SQL and Data-mining experience
- Expert Excel/Google Sheet Skills and Proficient in Powerpoint/Google Slides
- Strong understanding of statistical significance in datasets.
- Understanding of forecasting and statistical modeling
- Agile/Scrum software development experience is a plus
- Critical Thinking and Creative Problem Solving
- Ability to develop positive relationships and communicate effectively with Developers, QA, Analysts and Producers.
- Excellent Organizational skills
- Strong starter who can quickly get up to speed on new markets and products.
- Strong affinity for understanding target audience needs and spender priorities.
We are SciPlay! We make games!
The roots of our company are simple and strong: Our founder, fell head over heels for casino games and had a vision to create the most entertaining free-to-play casino games for gamers around the world. We’ve grown into a company that makes games we are truly proud of and that are enjoyed by millions of players every day. Our history is extensive, but we’re just getting started. In 1998, we got our start as Phantom EFX and in 2019, we reintroduced ourselves as SciPlay and went public on the Nasdaq.
At SciPlay, we are programmed to think untraditionally. From our yearly development conferences, shindigs, and new game launches, we believe in doing what you love and doing it well. We take great pride in our ability to create authentic experiences for players and we are excited to continue investing in our workforce, technology, and our data-driven approach, all with the mission of delighting our players long into the future. We believe that if we continue to stay passionate, set ambitious goals, live our values and play together, we will become the #1 social casino and casual gaming company in the world.
A few of our highlighted perks and benefits:
- Competitive salaries and annual bonuses alongside matching 401k and other competitive benefits.
- Strong commitment to work/life balance
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Fully stocked gameroom featuring current generation consoles and titles, shuffle board tables, foosball tables, and arcade cabinets (including our prized 5v5 cabinet ultra-rare copy of Killer Queen!)
- Brand new, shiny, and aesthetically pleasing 10,000 sq ft office located in the Arboretum area in Austin
SciPlay Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, SciPlay) are committed to creating a workforce of credibility and dependability. As a prerequisite to employment with SciPlay (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SciPlay conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you. This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above. SciPlay is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEOC Poster.