This job might no longer be available.
Associate Product Manager (Temp to Hire)
4 months ago
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Kin Care & Holidays*
100% Covered Medical and Company-Sponsored Dental & Vision ( Plans Vary )*
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More*
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Wellness Activities & Programs (Yoga & Zumba)
12 Weeks Paid Parental Leave*
*Only applies to full-time positions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We need a sharp and disciplined Associate Product Manager who has a passion for mobile gaming and the pursuit of understanding what makes them successful. Get into the head of our players -- become the authority in the psychology of users and gameplay! Your technical expertise, visionary product insight and extensive leadership and business skills are exactly what we’re looking for!
* This opportunity is a 12-month temporary contract to potential hire. Position qualifies for some Jam City sponsored benefits such as PTO and Health Benefits (medical, dental & vision).
- Reliability and Consistency - Reliably executes and delivers; completing tasks at a high standard.
- Proactive Communication - Updates manager with progress, escalating when necessary.
- Performance Monitoring - For live games, aggressively monitor and drive improvements to KPIs and help manage the release of new features, content, and events.
- Goal Setting and Analysis - Sets measurable objectives - Uses data analysis and basic experimentation to find solutions for business problems.
- Live Operations - Proficient with all aspects of game live operations, and able to optimize based on experimentation and learnings.
- Live Operations Optimization - Generates ideas to improve and innovate live operations, finding a balance between business needs and customer appreciation.
- LiveOps to Product Pipeline - Help manage the ongoing development, strategic vision, business operations and optimization of a mobile free-to-play game through all key phases of the product - Specifically, looking at the product through the lens of LiveOps and managing how those learnings can improve the business .
- Product Management - Assists with ideation, features, product improvements, and data analysis.
- Prioritization - Able to determine strategic priority for a feature, and how it will meet business goals.
- Prioritization by Product Needs - Able to propose solutions for product challenges, and make product decisions, based on market comps and data.
- Research - Research and understand user engagement through a wide variety of methodologies (data analysis, focus testing, competitive research, etc) and translate that into actionable product plans (game-specific events, improving overall user satisfaction, etc.).
- Effective Idea Generation - Brainstorm hypotheses, develop experiments and analyze data to improve all stages of the product release cycle.
- Strong Team Player - Considered by peers as a strong thought partner, who recognizes when negotiation is needed and support is necessary.
- Team Leader - Guiding teams (engineering, design, creative, etc) so that they successfully attain each development stage.
- Experience working for a social game developer.
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, and leadership skills. Emphasis on actionable data-driven decision making.
- Strong organizational skills with experience meeting strict deadlines.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with an ability to work as an entrepreneurial self-starter.
- Ability to write product specifications and understand design concepts and principles.
- Demonstrable contributions to a successful project or product previously.
- Currently pursuing (or less than a year from the completion of) a Bachelor's or Master's degree in the following fields: Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Business, or related fields.
NICE TO HAVE
- Can graphically create wire-frames and provide interface direction to the UI team.
- Knowledge of mobile industry and technology -- understanding its boundaries and unique potential as it applies to games.
- Experience working and collaborating with third party partners.
OUR COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY, & INCLUSION
We believe in creating games that unite people across the world and that showcase our commitment to providing an environment that is both inclusive and diverse for our players and employees. We strive to create a workforce that is reflective of our global player community as we know that we are stronger and better when we play together. To help promote an inclusive culture, we celebrate the visible and invisible diversity of our Jam Citizens through initiatives including Employee Resource Groups, cultural events, trainings, speaker series, and more.
Jam City is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, religion, ethnicity, marital, or domestic partnerships status, disability, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), predisposing genetic characteristics, military status, veteran status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws. Our management is committed to following this policy with respect to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruiting, pay, and other forms of compensation, training, and general treatment during employment.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.