Associate Product Data Operations Manager
28 days ago
Niantic's Platform Operations team works to bootstrap, scale and optimize all aspects of our Platform business. This spans spearheading experimental data collection and labeling projects that power our industry-leading AR technology, designing and running media campaigns that leverage our first-of-its kind AR advertising format, and enabling product excellence by developing frameworks to drive critical thinking and data-driven decision-making. All of this work is foundational to achieving our vision of a real-world metaverse that inspires people to explore the world together.
This Associate Product Data Operations Manager position is an all-rounder role that will give you broad exposure to the different aspects of data collection and labeling. Much of your work will contribute to building Niantic's 3D map of the world, from running auditing processes that help us improve the quality of our mapping data to running our support infrastructure for surveyors. You'll own the execution and optimization of certain workstreams at the same time as regularly jumping in to help peers achieve business-critical Platform Ops goals. This is an ideal opportunity for an Operations Coordinator or Manager to move into the field of augmented reality and mapping, or for someone already in the field to experience a wider range of responsibilities.
- Manage scanning operations.
- Ensure scanning requests are delivered on time at the highest quality.
- Work with vendors to recruit, onboard and deploy surveyors to deliver scanning data.
- Analyze the quality and efficiency of surveyor output. Make changes across people, tools or processes to deliver the highest impact improvements.
- Keep up to date to the latest internal mapping processes and their impacts on our scanning requirements.
- Participate in the development of scanning devices through our team's field expertise.
- Manage the labeling operations.
- Provide our customers (Research, ML or Product) with high quality labeled data.
- Understand and distill the customer's labeling needs.
- Manage expectations with the customers and identify quality/time/cost optimization.
- Ability to work with external vendors by communicating customer needs and providing precise procedures for labellers.
- Develop and implement operational procedures and guidelines.
- Manage the customers’ deliverables and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Conduct quality assurance checks on labeled and scanned data.
- Stay up-to-date on new technologies and best practices in labeling and scanning.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members and stakeholders, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- Required in-office 2 days on Monday and Wednesday.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in operations management.
- An unfailingly consistent ownership mentality. Colleagues can rely on you completely to get the job done, no matter how complex it is.
- Adaptable and a fast learner. You enjoy wearing many hats and are comfortable changing plans to deliver against business priorities.
- Excellent translator. You can quickly pick up and speak the languages of different teams to make sure requirements aren't lost in translation.
- Diligent and determined. If a requirement is unclear or untested, you have a natural bias towards ensuring there's a conclusive answer.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
- Previous experience of data labeling or collection operations.
- Previous experience running customer support systems, including using Zendesk.
- Previous experience collaborating with highly technical partners.
The total compensation package for this position includes a new hire offer base salary range of $84,000 - $94,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Individual pay within this salary range is determined by work location and additional factors, including assessed job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can answer any questions about new hire total compensation during the hiring process. An overview of benefit offerings for your location can be found on the careers page.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic's global-scale augmented reality platform and digital map powers spatial computing experiences in the real world. Incubated out of the Maps team at Google, Niantic first created Ingress and then Pokémon GO, a cultural phenomenon and hit game played by tens of millions of people each month. Niantic’s Lightship platform, which powers Pokémon GO, also supports the company's other games including Pikmin Bloom, Peridot and Monster Hunter Now. Developers use Niantic’s platform to build their own AR applications and experiences, either with the Lightship Platform or directly through the web with 8th Wall.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration fosters creativity, a sense of community, and is critical to our future success as a company. Our hybrid work schedules allow for a mix of remote and in-office work.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Bellevue, Kansas, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, Hyderabad, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.