7 months ago
As an Associate Producer at Ubi MTL, you’ll drive the development of a specific part of a game. Depending on the project’s larger production strategy and organizational structure, your part could be a component like animation, level design, gameplay, world, or a combination of a few.
All in all, you’ll guide one or many multidisciplinary teams to bring your assigned portion to life from start to end. You’ll pair well-designed work processes with clear expectations for your team members to do their best work and optimize their talents.
Through careful planning, follow-through, and oversight, you’ll keep development on pace, ensuring that time is spent on the right things, and pivot when need be.
While pushing production capacity and quality, you’ll see to it that your team is ready and able to deliver their chunk of the game on time and in a supportive environment.
What you’ll do
- Partner with the core team to understand the overall game vision and requirements + communicate them across the production floor.
- Establish the scope of your area of focus: create its long-term roadmap and schedule, establish its deliverables, quality targets, and key milestones, and define its development strategies and budgets.
- Put everything in place to pave the way for production: develop workflows and pipelines + implement means to facilitate interaction between colleagues.
- Set clear goals for your team members to achieve + make sure the process of delivering those goals is as smooth as possible.
- Anticipate risks & put plans of action in place to overcome them.
- Meet with your team to clarify milestones, prioritize deliverables, give updates, address concerns, provide direction, gather feedback, etc.
- Sync up with the producer, production director, and production managers on progress and momentum + follow up on budgets.
- Look for opportunities to improve and evolve our processes, methods, and practices.
- Take part in recruitment to build your team + foster their professional growth and career progression.
What you bring
- Around 5 years of experience in production or project management in the video game industry (or other relevant experience)
- Plenty of flexibility to adapt to a range of situations & navigate interdependencies
- Familiarity with a variety of project management methodologies
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- An attentive, collaborative, and innovative spirit
- A people-oriented approach: sure, you care about results, but you never lose sight of the dedicated people behind them
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your background, skills, and any games shipped
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Eric. As he learns more about you through your profile, get to know him through the video below.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission: enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, harnessing cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join us on our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.