5 days ago
That’s No Moon Entertainment is an independent AAA game development studio established in 2021 by veterans of some of the most recognizable and critically acclaimed creative teams in the world, including Naughty Dog, Infinity Ward, Santa Monica Studio, Bungie, PlayStation, and more. Based in Los Angeles and San Diego, That’s No Moon Entertainment is creating the next generation of narrative-driven, genre-defining experiences built upon a culture of creativity, collaboration, responsible production practices, and individual empowerment. We are assembling a diverse team of passionate developers of a wide range of experience levels and backgrounds to help shape the future of our studio and projects.
We are seeking an Associate Producer will work with the game Design Department and Directors to help facilitate the creation of game levels at quality and schedule targets.
- Proactively assist in connecting the dependency schedules from departments up and downstream of your department. Ensure the team is flowing efficiently through their work. Be vocal and advocate for change if they are not
- Ensure the task and scheduling management systems are up to date with the most relevant status and information for the Design Department. Record the department leads schedule direction and ensure the activities are in the system accurately and resource balanced
- Break down tasks into manageable chunks for clear individual accountability. Seek “definitions of done” for ambiguous tasks
- Ensure everyone in the department has an understanding of scope, quality and time expectations
- Ensure department meetings are agenda driven. Help facilitate conversation and take digestible notes. Translate those notes into actions in the tracking system. Follow-through on the commitments of those actions with the team
- Assist in updating planning information and make sure your department’s plan is fitting into the larger game plan
- Evaluate and communicate risk or production issues – positive or negative – to Producers and Directors including regular status updates
- Assemble efficiency data from the production tracking system in anticipation of using that data in production reports
- Help coordinate or project management special projects that emerge as we build the studio
Requirements & Skills:
- Knowledge and experience in creation of AAA video games, engineering, art or animation
- Experience with Jira, Shotgun/ShotGrid, Perforce or other industry standard tasking and version control software
- Bachelors in Business Administration, Game Development, Art or Film/Commercial Production or equivalent
- Data analytics background or capability
- Project Management or Business Administration skills or experience
- Adaptive managerial skills, knowing when to use formal or informal tactics and strategy to achieve project success.
- At least 1 year of experience as an APM or Production Coordinator in a similar field or equivalent experience
- Strong time managerial skills in a technically sophisticated and fast-paced work environment.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- High emotional intelligence and ability to be a servant leader when vital
- High Attention to detail, timely follow-up and strong interpersonal skills
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
That's No Moon is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, legally protected physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.