Barcelona 08002 ES
5 days ago
Paradox Tinto is now looking for an Associate Producer for its new Grand Strategy studio being started up in Sitges, Spain. Are you a driven Video Game Producer and a passionate game developer that wants to work in a small studio and build great grand strategy games for a passionate fanbase?
About the Studio
The new Paradox Tinto studio is the latest addition to the Paradox studio family; building on our experience of building Paradox Development Studio and developing great Grand Strategy games. In the future, the studio will be the custodian and developer of the Europa Universalis brand, the game that started it all twenty years ago.
At Paradox Tinto we work in a small, gameplay focused team, where everyone is part of crafting the player experience and has an input on the design of the game. We believe that game development should be fun and strive for a relaxed, stress-free atmosphere. Being a small studio built from the ground up, we expect everyone to contribute to the development of the studio and its culture; as one of the original members, you will have a significant impact on what the studio grows up to become.
About the role
The associate producer will be helping passionate and dedicated development and publishing teams from game concept release and live services. The associate producer will also make sure the development team is supported and that it can deliver and release the game on time, budget and quality.
The role requires knowledge of PDS Grand Strategy Games or the understanding of the practicalities of game development and how the various disciplines work together to deliver a completed release. It is important that you are a teamplayer, motivated to learn, can be assertive, empathic, strives to foster good communication & most of all being motivated by giving the players the best possible experience by striving to understand the game you are making and taking action where needed to make it happen.
- Partner closely with Studio Management to plan for and deliver on short and long-term project objectives.
- Create clarity for the game team by working collaboratively with stakeholders and content developers to drive requirements and outcomes.
- Ensure final delivery of the game, making sure nothing falls through the cracks. Identify and clear blockers preventing the team from progressing.
- Track progress ensuring a good projection of status and time of delivery.
- Making sure the team works as efficiently as possible with processes that support delivery of milestones as well as a healthy work environment.
- Coach & support the team, keeping everyone motivated and heading in the same direction.
- Risk management (assessment/mitigation/communication)
- Ensure good communication and working relationships with all stakeholders, team members and external partners by communicating goals, plans and requirements.
- Previous experience as video game producer and leading a team on a commercial game.
- Fluent in spoken and written english.
- Knowledge of QA and JIRA is considered an advantage.
- Experience and interest in PDS Grand strategy game is considered an advantage.
- Experience with working with outsourcing partners is considered an advantage.
On a personal level, you have a strong sense of ownership for the end result, not afraid of practically solving issues yourself. You have a deep interest in making games which is only rivaled by your knowledge of and interest in project management methodologies.
At Paradox Tinto we work in a small, gameplay focused team, where everyone is part of crafting the player experience and has an input on the design of the game. We believe that game development should be fun and strive for a relaxed, stress-free atmosphere. Being a small studio built from the ground up, we expect everyone to contribute to the development of the studio and its culture.
Our office is located in a Mediterranean coastal city called Sitges, Barcelona.
Sitges is barely 20 min away from El Prat, Barcelona’s International Airport, and not only offers 17 different beaches around its own coastline (“Costa del Garraf”), but also offers an average of 300 days of sun a year. This warm and sunny weather is perfect to enjoy outdoor sports and leisure activities with your family and friends around the area; while mountain lovers still have a wide range of all-year round mountain activities in the Pyrenees, only 2h drive.
In addition, this historical town will captivate you with its cultural events, Mediterranean food and its excellent Spanish wine of course!
If you think that this description matches you, we highly encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will interview candidates continuously. If you don't match all the requirements, please demonstrate how your passion, attitude and interest in Paradox might compensate for this.
At Paradox Interactive we celebrate difference and care deeply about diversity and inclusion. We therefore encourage you, no matter who you are, to apply for this job if you think you’d be a great addition to our team.