Beamdog, the company behind the Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment, and Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Editions, is looking for an Associate Producer to help us craft exciting new titles and support existing titles!
Reporting to the Producer, the Associate Producer works to support the project team by coordinating tasks, facilitating team communication, and driving clarity and focus for all team members throughout the development lifecycle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure tasks are created, measured, and assigned.
- Maintaining and refining project tasks and documentation
- Facilitate Scrum team events (e.g. stand-ups, sprint planning)
- Monitor, control, and report on project progress and status leads and executives
- Observe and meet deadlines and aid others in doing the same.
- Manage communications between Beamdog and external parties (vendors/partners)
- Coordinate with different departments to ensure high quality, successful product releases - from Pre-Production and Planning to Post-Release Support.
- Demonstrate and maintain a high-level of proficiency with our workflows and processes, while providing insights into how they could improve.
- Continue to actively develop skillset while sharing knowledge with teammates
Education and Core Skill Requirements:
- Project Management skills including scheduling, resource planning, and risk analysis
- Familiarity with JIRA, Confluence, Microsoft Project, Google Office Suite, Perforce/Git
- Familiarity with Agile and/or Scrum methodologies
Beamdog is a fantastic place to work with a friendly and creative atmosphere. Located in Edmonton, Alberta, we're a hardworking team of passionate game developers who love the games we work on. Since 2009, we’ve brought enhanced versions of classic Dungeons & Dragons games and exciting original content to fans new and old. We’re best known for bringing beloved isometric roleplaying games like Baldur’s Gate™ and Planescape: Torment™ back to life on desktop and tablets as Enhanced Editions. We love rich stories where players can chose their own journey and the communities that spring up around them. If you’re excited about storytelling games, Dungeons & Dragons, and classic RPGs, stick around! You haven’t seen anything yet!
We offer the following perks:
- Opportunity to work on and develop a new and exciting IP
- Work from anywhere within Canada or come join us in Edmonton!
- 4 weeks of vacation annually
- Generous sick and personal days
- Flexible working hours
- NO CRUNCH policy
- RRSP Matching Program
- Vision, dental, and extended health benefits
- Health & wellness spending account
Diversity is fundamentally about valuing human differences and recognizing that a diverse group of people bring with them a diverse set of skills which is necessary to propel our company forward. Beamdog is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.