14 days ago
JOB TITLE: Producer
REPORTS TO: Head of Production
What We Need:
Hangar 13 is looking for a hardworking Producer to join us in development of a key new title.
What You Will Do:
- Manage multiple sub teams, working with content and/or tech
- Strive for industry-leading development practices, owning and iterating process, schedules and tracking
- Deliver to expected targets for time, budget and quality
- Ensure the vision is always clear to the team and appropriate review forums are established
- Monitor the balance of time and resource and make recommendations for adjustment as appropriate
- Work with external development partners to meet production schedules
- Ensure great communication across the team, internally and externally
- Act as the ultimate diplomat, identifying areas of potential conflict and preventing issues from spiraling
- Establish prioritized monthly goals for team, in conjunction with producers, leads and directors
- Keep studio leadership up to date on progress, slippage and risk
- Assist with recruiting and interviewing candidates for positions on the team
- Travel, both domestic and international, may be required
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- Great communicators with a ‘how can I help’ attitude and an ability to build strong relationships
- People who are prepared to seek out and solve problems – new studios are hard work!
- Team players who raise issues having at least thought about potential solutions
- Someone with the conviction to make and own their decisions
- Those who are obsessed with striving to improve our craft as developers
- People who fundamentally believe in the mantra “efficient, not just functional” across all of development
- Smart-working people who maximize their time and don’t resort to crunch at the first opportunity
- Those who believe in professional respect and behave with maturity
- Fast learners who thrive on solving problems and stepping out of their immediate comfort zone
- Confident public speakers who can stand up and deliver messages to the team, even difficult ones
- Cool heads under pressure
- Bachelor's degree preferred (but high quality, shipped titles are much more important)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), time and project management skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Understanding of various production methodologies and an ability to articulate the pros and cons of each
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located just 45 minutes via train from London, Brighton is one of the UK’s most diverse and downright interesting cities. Sat right on the south coast of England, the city is home to a vibrant creative community and is known as an easy-going and tolerant place to live and work. Brighton is home to Victorian piers and palaces, brightly coloured stucco homes and a 5-mile long shingle beach which becomes a post-work social hub during the summer months.
Onsite amenities inside our state-of-the-art Brighton studio include a fully equipped kitchen, games room, gym (with showers) and our very own bar. We’re a 30 second walk from Brighton station.