Associate Producer (Technical Project Manager)
14 days ago
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Relicans are currently working remotely. We take the health and safety of our community, our staff, and their families seriously and are following local government guidelines. Relic provides each new hire with a Work From Home Allowance to upgrade your home office setup, so you can work effectively and comfortably. We are committed to transitioning to a work model where Relicans partner with their manager and team to create a hybrid or remote schedule, allowing you flexibility to do what you love.
Relic Entertainment is a wholly owned studio of SEGA. We are an award-winning developer of genre-defining games like Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, and Age of Empires. We have delivered rich, thoughtful strategy games throughout our history and our vision is to continue making games that people love to play.
As an Associate Producer on the Central Development team, you will be a project manager for one or more areas on the Central Development team. You’ll run daily meetings; work in our task tracking software, ADO; and track the teams’ day-to-day deliverables. You will support engagement and productivity, guiding your team to ensure projects meet expectations for deadlines, delivery, communication, and quality.
As an Associate Producer, you will…
- Work closely with a Senior Producer to learn the ins-and-outs of working on a Central team and game development cycles
- Run daily scrums, day-to-day project management, and delivery for the Online Services and Data teams
- Work closely with Producers, Leads, and the programming teams to understand your teams’ deliverables and workflows, remove impediments, communicate progress, and support delivery
- Be the go-to person for your teams and areas, working collaboratively with people in different roles and levels on game teams and across the studio
- Partner with programmers and technical leads to communicate in-person, online, and in writing about priorities, features, changes, risks, and timelines
You’re a great fit if you have…
- An interest in growing your career in technical project management/production
- Education and/or experience as either a Software Developer or as a Project Manager in technology or software development
- Strong communication skills and comfort with reporting progress, risk, and dependencies on technical features
- A desire to learn, share and grow with us
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Experience working with central software teams, shared services, or external development teams
- Experience making AAA games in a PC or console studio
Are you game? We’d like to hear from you!
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified but you're excited about the role, please feel free to get in touch - we'd love to learn more about you and see if you could be a great fit. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value our diverse workplace. We strongly encourage applications from women, Indigenous and racialized peoples, LGBTQ2S+ individuals, and people with disabilities.
Please apply through our careers page (www.relic.com
) and we will be in touch shortly to let you know about the next steps.
This is Relic
We have a culture of kindness, transparency, and play. There is a lot of heart and passion at this studio – we get to collaborate, be creative, and make games for passionate fans, and we work hard to not take that for granted. We are curious, we strive for excellence, we build on each other’s ideas, and we celebrate each other.
Relicans believe that good work starts with a community you’re excited to spend your day with, both in and out of the studio. We organize volunteering opportunities, movie nights, video game tournaments, life drawing classes, and more. Relic is part of the SEGA family, which allows us to collaborate with studios all over the world as we build on our legacy of innovation.
Relic benefits include an extended benefits package, RRSP/DPSP matching program (subject to eligibility requirements), local business discounts, and annual paid holiday studio closure. Relic puts a huge priority on mental and physical wellbeing: each Relican has access to an annual Health and Wellness Spending Account, as well as an Employee and Family Assistance Program providing access to resources and support around mental health, financial wellbeing, family care, elder care, and more. For designated roles, relocation and immigration support may be available.
Inclusivity at Relic
Relic is an environment of empathy, respect, and inclusivity. Our studio is made up of people with a wide variety of backgrounds and life experiences because it makes us better, and helps our games tell stories to our whole audience, and not just a select few. Everyone has a role to play in making Relic a place where people can speak openly, do what they love, and bring their best self to work. We are committed to encouraging curiosity, providing support, and meeting each Relican where they are.
Thank you for considering a role with Relic!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.