Associate Producer - Sledgehammer Games Guildford (UK)
12 days ago
Job Title:Associate Producer - Sledgehammer Games Guildford (UK)
Sledgehammer Games, award winning developer of multiple titles in the Call of Duty franchise, is looking for talented developers to join our studio as founding members of our new UK team, based just south of London in Guildford. This group will partner equally with our teams in Foster City, Melbourne, and Toronto in the creation of epic content for some of the biggest games in the world. This is an opportunity to help grow and shape a AAA team from the ground up, adding new skills to your armory while gaining the unique satisfaction that only comes from building something brand new. Join us on our quest to maintain and improve a healthy and inspiring studio culture!
At Sledgehammer Games, we recently entered our second decade of game development, focused on constant evolution, innovation and qualified risk-taking. With world-class content production and engineering teams, we’ve been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we’re looking for talented game developers for our exciting new projects.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it’s like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
As an Associate Producer, you will play a crucial role in facilitating the development of our games. You will collaborate with teams across departments to meet deadlines, manage resources to stay within production limitations, and develop innovative processes when roadblocks are hit.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Managing the execution of the game development process to produce high quality content.
- Working with development team(s) to define and meet project deadlines.
- Accountable for creating and maintaining project plans and schedules.
- Managing project resources and needs to meet production schedules and budgets.
- Recommending and implementing new processes where efficiencies are needed to improve on-time or on-budget delivery.
- Ensuring all necessary project documentation is complete and up-to-date.
- Establishing and maintaining a productive and communicative working environment.
- Identifying and resolving conflicts between schedule, budget, and design goals.
- At least 2+ years’ experience in the entertainment software industry in a leadership, production, or coordination role.
- Producer experience of the entire life-cycle of video-game software development (concept to ship) of at least one published title on Xbox One, PS4, PC and/or Mobile platforms.
- Ability to diagnose reasons for inefficiency and suggest solutions for removing such inefficiencies.
- Ability to foresee and communicate risks and obstacles to all stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience managing either internal or external development teams.
- Proven ability to work under rapid development cycles.
- Bachelors’ degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical field or relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated experience with project management software, including project life-cycle models, risk assessment, and team management/motivation.
- Experience with development planning tools (i.e. Scrum, Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Project Management training and certification.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.