This job might no longer be available.
Associate Producer - New IP
12 days ago
WHAT IMPACT CAN AN ASSOCIATE PRODUCER HAVE AT ESG?
East Side Games is on the lookout for an Associate Producer to join a new mobile game in pre-production. We want you (yes, you!) as our dedicated Associate Producer, you'll come armed with a production/ project management experience acquired in a game development environment and have a solid live-ops and/or product manager background.
You'll use this skill set to support and add huge value to our talented team of Engineers, Artists, Designers, Writers and QA Analysts. On top of this, you’ll also work closely with our game Producer and our Creative director to support with design tasks.
We’re a remote-first studio and encourage all applications.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Plan and run A/B tests to optimize player experience
- Plan and run promos and handle all merchandising working with analysis and designers to optimize monetization
- Write User Stories and own tickets in Jira
- Can own multiple features up to a small individual game, from project conception through development, and into LiveOps.
- Ability to manage performance of 3-5 multidisciplinary reports.
- Prioritize tasks for multiple features simultaneously.
- Unblock teams by spearheading problem-solving and risk mitigation at a feature level.
- Communicate progress at the sprint and milestone level within cross-functional teams (designers, engineers, artists, community, and QA) as well as studio stakeholders to keep the project moving forward.
- Owns, tracks, reports upon progress, and adjusts as issues arise
- Lead the team when the Producer is unavailable: assign tasks and manage teams of designers, engineers, artists, customer support and QA testers.
- Understand and keep up with game market trends/patterns, customer requirements, and vendor platform/relationships.
- Track and update project management documents including status reports, project plans, localization, communications plan, post-mortems and other historical information.
*** Duties & responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all inclusive.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 4+ years in production or project management position
- Solid understanding of core KPIs related to engagement, retention, conversion, and monetization and ideal targets
- Experience in live-ops
- Experience with optimizing monetization
- Great interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Great communication skills - both verbally and written
- Understanding and experience applying waterfall, and agile
- Team player with strong collaborative problem-solving skills
- Willingness to provide and accept direction in a team environment.
- Strong desire to learn and grow with ambitions of running your own development team.
- A passion for social and mobile games.
NICE TO HAVE
- Idle Mobile Game experience
- Someone who enjoys games, particularly mobile games. You are on top of the latest games, trends and what’s happening in live events
- Comfortable in an environment where priorities and plans change rapidly, but with intention
- Hungry, self motivated, diligent, detail oriented and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Solution-oriented, self-motivated and diligent
- Community-minded, whereby a collective mission of the project is a shared priority
- Driven by long-term projects that tackle the toughest engineering problems
- Empathic, compassionate and curious
- Your values are governed by justice, equity, diversity and inclusion
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO WORK AT ESG?
We are East Side Games – proudly built in beautiful BC. Our mission is to create games that are easy to pick up, hard to put down, and don’t suck! We put players at the heart of our evolution, independence, and profitability. With their help, we’ve defined and become the leader in the narrative idle gaming space, writing the playbook on LiveOps in the process. Our huge IPs serve a traditionally underserved audience globally… And we’re just getting started!
Community is everything here. We put people at the core of what we do. Our games and our team have the same goal; to be inclusive and for everyone. We get sh*t done and our team is on hand to step in, listen, and support, regardless of rank. Tackle your challenges, share your learnings, then share refreshments with the studio in our weekly Cheers Friday Announcements. Have we piqued your curiosity? Then check out our amazing Culture and Benefits ! We note that our culture is not a monolith, and is ever-changing based on the folks holding space at East Side Games.
WE’RE BUILT ON THE FOUNDATIONS OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
East Side Games are an equitable employer that values justice, equity, diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage people of marginalized backgrounds, particularly QTBIPOC folks, to apply, and will acknowledge and value the strengths you bring to foster yours and the studio’s growth.
If this sounds like something you hoped for and more, and you’re enthused to build genre-defining narrative idle games, click the “Apply Here” button below. If now is not the right time for you but you know someone who would be a great match for us at East Side Games, check out our referral bonus here! Let’s build great games together
If you think this is an exciting opportunity, please