This job might no longer be available.
Associate Producer, Music TEMP
3 months ago
Job Title:Associate Producer, Music TEMP
Associate Producer, Music TEMP
Blizzard Entertainment’s audio team is seeking an associate producer to assist music and scoring production for all of our franchises. Your primary responsibility will be coordinating with the Senior Music Producer to maintain timely schedules and deliverables for all of Blizzard’s IPs. This includes assisting with the pre-production phases for all of the project’s music needs, as well as additional responsibilities such as creating contract requests, interacting with composers and contractors, and supporting all needs of the music director and the music production pipeline. Excellent organizational and communication skills are a must as you’ll be collaborating and working with contacts both inside and outside of Blizzard. Blizzard contacts include multiple development and support teams throughout the company (e.g., cinematics, PR, legal, web, creative development, community, marketing, etc.). External contacts include recording studios, orchestrators, copyists, composers, etc.
- Collaborate with the Senior Music Producer and other audio production teams to assist in the maintenance of project schedules.
- Create contract requests and assist with tracking spend vs budgets.
- Help to continually refine the music development pipeline to increase production efficiency and quality.
- Communicate status of all music content, assets, tools, and features to Senior Music Producer and/or Music Director as necessary.
- Maintain and organize digital archives of music & recording paperwork and music assets.
- Assist with scheduling recording sessions with musicians/orchestras, engineers, music prep and recording studios.
- Assist in scheduling of music related personnel/resources, eg. Directors, Composers, Engineers/Mixers, Editors.
- Attend recording sessions and support Senior Music Producer/Music Director and composer needs.
- Maintain and update ASCAP / BMI database and registrations.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years’ product development experience on AAA titles or music production equivalents
- Able to accurately and efficiently manage a large volume of tasks
- Able to effectively coordinate with a large number of external contractors including studios, orchestrators and composers
- Comfortable managing a large amount of paperwork and legal contracts
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Willing and able to travel for recording session as needed, once business travel resumes.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work independently, and / or within a team
- Computer literate and familiar with MS Office products, especially Excel (macro programming knowledge a plus)
- Passion for video games
- Good knowledge of music and recording pipelines in the entertainment industry
- Knowledge of Blizzard and its games
- Working knowledge of employing external audio vendors, such as recording studios and other score production contractors
- Working knowledge of audio tools and programs, such as Pro Tools
- Working knowledge of audio, graphic, and movie file types and applications
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do!
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
This role is anticipated to be assigned as a hybrid work model position, with some work on-site at an Activision Blizzard office and some work remote.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $24.04 - $44.47 Hourly. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.