Associate Producer (Korean/English Bilingual)
15 days ago
Nexon, a world leader in online games, is building a workplace based on mutual respect, good humor, and the pursuit of excellence because we believe that great games can only be built by amazing people. Our vision is to create high quality, innovative online games that create unforgettable experiences for players around the world.
Nexon America is a leader in online gaming and award-winning publisher of renowned MMORPGs MapleStory , Mabinogi and Vindictus , which have gone on to break records and captivate players, and the company was recognized as a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company in February 2021. With new projects on the horizon, Nexon America maintains the pioneering and innovative spirit of its parent company, Nexon, employing its player-first approach, while designing the best possible gameplay experiences for the western market.
The Associate Producer is responsible for managing the launch and live game service of game title(s). This includes executing the vision of the Producer by collaborating with various departments and ensures the timely, high-quality delivery of the game.
- Act as technical and operational point of contact for Developer and other Korean partners such as Nexon Networks and Nexon Korea. Be on call 24/7 for emergencies.
- Standardize, document, and maintain processes and approaches for PlayStation and Xbox launch and beyond (updates, live service, etc.).
- Advise the Producer to resolve technical or operational problems as well as help define the strategic direction of the project on PlayStation and Xbox platforms.
- Provide in-game support and expertise for internal stakeholders such as Localization, CS, Community, and QA.
- Other projects as requested by the Producer, such as competitive research, live interviews and playtest lead.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
- 3+ years of game production experience on Korean titles
- 1+ year live game experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Native-level fluency in Korean.
- Strategic thinking, problem-solving ability
- Knowledge of live and online game player behavior
- Launch and operational experience on any gaming platform. Xbox/PlayStation preferred.
- Knowledge of the game industry including emerging trends with a focus on the markets served by Nexon.
- High-level understanding of online environments and processes required to maintain high uptime.
- Exceptional project and time management includes knowledge of project management best practices
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient in MS Office, JIRA, Confluence
- Ability to master competitive, multiplayer games strongly preferred.
- Ability and experience of speaking in front of live and virtual audiences preferred.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Nexon’s benefits and perks:
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse or domestic partner, and your children. Employees who enroll in the high deductible health plan receive an annual employer contribution to a health savings account and company-paid hospital indemnity benefits. We also provide company-paid life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability benefits as well as access to voluntary life and AD&D for yourself and your dependents, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) savings plan with a company match, and pet insurance. Nexies are encouraged to take advantage of our monthly wellness credit, participate in lunchtime yoga, and enroll in language classes. We host bi-monthly catered lunches, monthly happy hours, and maintain a well-stocked snack bar. To help you maintain a good work-life balance, we offer paid time off, sick days, company holidays, and a year-end break.
Nexon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.