This job might no longer be available.
Associate Producer (Contract)
12 days ago
We’re ArenaNet—we’ve created a studio that makes online worlds infused with innovation, hand-crafted excellence, and creative passion. We're not the only ones who share this passion; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO game in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best MMOs of all time. Since launch, over 16 million players have explored the world of Tyria in Guild Wars 2.
Our studio is built on foundations of excellence with a focus on community. We constantly innovate, unlocking the true potential of online role-playing with game-changing titles like Guild Wars 2 and beyond. The status quo is not good enough for our dedicated worldwide community of players, which is why we question the de facto industry conventions and demand more from ourselves as developers.
We are looking for a confident, compassionate producer ready to partner with creative and technical leads to build amazing experiences for players, shepherding ideas through discovery all the way to post-launch live operations. You are ready to take on new challenges with established teams, helping them make the most of the time they have available. You are ready to support a team by tracking tasks, keeping a backlog updated, and making sure feedback is appropriately addressed. You can identify risks and share status updates with the appropriate stakeholders.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Collaborate with design, art, and programming developers on cross-disciplined teams to update project schedules, track tasks, and keep information transparent
- Be able to follow the established development process and keep things moving
- Monitor change requests and keep stakeholders informed
- Ability to work across department teams such as Audio, Localization, QA, Outsourcing, Community and Marketing departments
- Identify and mitigate risks, communicate development status to teams and stakeholders
- Assist other producers with dependency management, removing blocking issues, and communicating project changes
- Track task progress and manage multiple intricate details across the project
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- 1-2 years in software production or transferable experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel in design, art, programming, and management
- Experience using Agile game development methodologies
- Ability to follow production processes
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Experienced at bringing clarity to ambiguity and adapting easily to change
- Experience with video game development a plus
This is a one year contract position.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
This contract position compensation is an hourly rate plus any overtime if applicable. Please note that the listed hourly rate is a general guideline only. We take into consideration the geography in which you live and your experience and qualifications when determining final pay. This role is eligible for benefits through a third party employing agency. Agency benefits may include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and flexible and dependent care spending accounts.
Hourly Pay Range
$28 — $40 USD