This job might no longer be available.
Assistant Producer: Casting
1 month ago
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar is looking for an Assistant Producer to support Casting Production for all projects. This role will focus on organizing requests, communicating with talent/agents, and meeting tight deadlines. Other responsibilities include supporting Producers with in-person and virtual casting, writing mock audition sides, and problem-solving last-minute casting issues with skill and composure.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized with strong interpersonal skills. We’re looking for someone that thrives in a fast paced and oftentimes fluid environment where tasks may change quickly from one day to the next depending on our production schedule. The devil is in the details, and we’re seeking someone who truly loves the minutia of pre-production and production work. This role helps build the foundation of our well-oiled casting team and will require dedication and an eye for detailed work.
This is an on-site position, based in our New York City location.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Games Casting Team casts all talent from main story content to NPC’s and exertions.
- We support Directors to help maintain the nuance and continuity of the game’s narrative.
- We work in collaboration with other departments to help drive the collective vision across all content in our games.
- Ability to organize requests and push other departments if needed to hit deadlines.
- Obtain talent availability and accurately notate them.
- Maintain talent contracts and assist with payment inquiries from talent and agents.
- Assist in scheduling auditions and fielding talent/agent questions.
- Assist with booking talent with accurate information and working through booking issues.
- Help organize casting requests across all projects.
- Write mock sides for auditions and completing them on tight deadlines.
- Book outside vendors for various projects.
- Help to continue to improve the casting process as needed.
- Coordinate and schedule COVID testing for talent per the SAG-AFTRA RTW agreement.
- Learn other roles and stand in as backup for other team members as needed.
- 2-3 years of on-set production or project management experience in video games, TV, theater or film.
- 2+ years of casting experience in commercial, print, video games, TV, film or theater.
- Experience with scheduling and project management software such as Shotgun or Monday.com.
- Managing large amount of talent paperwork and contracts as needed.
- Strong knowledge MS Office especially Excel. (Macro knowledge a plus.)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a variety of different personalities.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and maintain a positive attitude.
- Natural multi-tasker who can keep a level head when things get busy.
- Ability to receive constructive feedback and adjust as needed.
- Fast learner who feels comfortable working alone or as part of a team.
- High level of motivation and passion for detail-oriented work.
- Self-starter that doesn’t require a lot of micromanaging and is comfortable working in ambiguity.
- Drive for excellence and pride in ownership of tasked responsibilities.
- Strong passion for video games.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Fluency in another language.
- Familiarity with our games.
- Experience with open call castings.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is committed to creating a work environment that promotes equal opportunity, dignity and respect. In line with this commitment, Rockstar will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified job applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in order for such applicants to be considered for the position for which they are applying, as well as to qualified employees to enable them to perform the essential functions of their roles. If you need more information about Rockstar’s reasonable accommodation policies or process, or need to request an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department. ** For those based in Toronto, Rockstar will provide accommodations to job applicants and employees as long as such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship on Rockstar, and consistent with its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, race, or any other protected category.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
The pay range for this position in New York State (inclusive of New York City) at the start of employment is expected to be between the range below* per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
*NY Pay Range
$65,000 — $80,000 USD