Associate Producer - Assassin's Creed brand
20 days ago
As an Associate Producer at Ubi Quebec, you’ll drive the development of a specific part of a game. Depending on the project’s larger production strategy and organizational structure, your part could be a component like animation, level design, gameplay, world, or a combination of a few.
All in all, you’ll guide one or many multidisciplinary teams to bring your assigned portion to life from start to end. You’ll pair well-designed work processes with clear expectations for your team members to do their best work and optimize their talents.
Through careful planning, follow-through, and oversight, you’ll keep development on pace, ensuring that time is spent on the right things, and pivot when need be. You will be keen to ensure that everything that goes into the game brings value and you will challenge your teams to get there.
While pushing production capacity and quality, you’ll see to it that your team is ready and able to deliver their chunk of the game on time and in a supportive environment.
What you’ll do
- Partner with the core team to understand the overall game vision and requirements + communicate them across the production floor;
- Establish the scope of your area of focus: create its long-term roadmap and schedule, establish its deliverables, quality targets, and key milestones, and define its development strategies and budgets;
- Put everything in place to pave the way for production: develop workflows and pipelines + implement means to facilitate interaction between colleagues;
- Set clear goals for your team members to achieve + make sure the process of delivering those goals is as smooth as possible;
- Anticipate risks & put plans of action in place to overcome them;
- Meet with your team to clarify milestones, prioritize deliverables, give updates, address concerns, provide direction, gather feedback, etc.;
- Sync up with the producer, production director, and production managers on progress and momentum + follow up on budgets;
- Look for opportunities to improve and evolve our processes, methods, and practices;
- Help create a healthy, inclusive and positive work environment and escalate issues that could affect employees or the project as needed;
- Take part in recruitment to build your team + foster their professional growth and career progression.
What you bring
- Experience in production or project management in the video game industry (or other relevant experience);
- Plenty of flexibility to adapt to a range of situations & navigate interdependencies;
- A degree in Project Management or Business Administration (or related training);
- Familiarity with a variety of project management methodologies;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills;
- An attentive, collaborative, and innovative spirit;
- A people-oriented approach: sure, you care about results, but you never lose sight of the dedicated people behind them.
What to send our way
- Your resume highlighting your background, skills, and any games shipped.
Working at Ubisoft means
- Have access to benefits that make a real difference in your day-to-day life :
- A hybrid and flexible work mode, 6 weeks of vacation in your first year, an enriched parental leave, a Ubi gym directly in our offices, a complete group insurance program, access to complete Dialogue telemedicine services, an RRSP with a contribution from Ubisoft, an advantageous bonus program, concrete measures to ensure the right to disconnect, the option of working part-time and much more. Click here for all the details.
- Joining a team of 21,000 Ubisoft employees working across more than 40 locations around the world, are boundby a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come;
- Working for an equal opportunity employer who believes that diversity of backgrounds and perspectives is essential to creating worlds where gamers and their teams can thrive and express themselves. It's about taking on exciting challenges, being at the forefront of cutting-edge technology and being part of the future of entertainment.
With a team of more than 500 creative, passionate and innovative talents, Ubisoft Quebec continues to grow and expand. Founded in 2005, the Quebec City studio has carved out a place for itself among the leaders in the video game industry. Involved in several of Ubisoft's flagship franchises, it has acquired solid expertise, positioning it in the development of major AAA games. Involved in the Assassin's Creed franchise since 2010, the Quebec City team has assumed leadership of Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Immortals Fenyx Rising as well as the new crossover stories of Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Valhalla.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.