Associate Photogrammetry Artist - Treyarch
13 days ago
Job Title:Associate Photogrammetry Artist - Treyarch
Treyarch is looking for a talented and passionate Associate Photogrammetry Artist to work in our photogrammetry team, creating next-gen content for our next game. Qualified candidates will work alongside a team of world-class environment artists, technical artists, and level designers who have worked on one of the most successful video game franchises of all time. Our ideal candidate is excited about creating believable environments and content based on real world data. If you're passionate about video games, working collaboratively, and have a strong portfolio, come join our team!
- Operating a fully or semi-automated end-to-end photogrammetry pipeline to generate high quality game assets.
- Implementing feedback from the world building team on the content generated by the photogrammetry team.
- Help provide feedback for external vendors on photogrammetry best practices based on team’s needs.
- Traveling locally, to scan architecture assets, Materials and props.
- Constantly look for opportunities to improve the workflow to maximize efficiency in generating high quality assets.
- Operate a multicamera photogrammetry rig.
- Consulting with additional art disciplines on adapting photogrammetry practices to their workflows.
- Collaborating with the Design team on supporting gameplay functionality while achieving believability goals.
- Adhering to the aesthetic and technical standards set by the Studio Art Director and Technical Art department.
- Frequently communicating updates and escalating concerns when necessary to the appropriate team members or managers.
- Demonstrate willingness to learn new skills and workflows in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding level execution of modular level construction.
- Understanding of Photogrammetry conceptually.
- Have portfolio examples of successfully generated photogrammetry content.
- Intermediate experience with common 2D and 3D software packages (Max/Maya, Zbrush, Substance, and Photoshop).
- Intermediate level experience with photogrammetry software such as Reality Capture or equivalent.
- Experience using LIDAR technology is a plus.
- Understanding in one or more Game Engines (Radiant, CryEngine, Unreal, Unity, or equivalent).
- A minimum of 1+ year of experience working in the game industry or the 3D industry in general.
- A portfolio demonstrating the ability to execute a photogrammetry asset with at least 3 examples.
- Must be able to be proactive in a large, fast-paced team environment that requires extensive communication and coordination with both internal and external developers.
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is an award-winning videogame studio, driven to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. It is an approach that has helped make the studio behind the Black Ops series an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty®: Black Ops , Call of Duty®: Black Ops II , Call of Duty®: Black Ops III , Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4, and the studio’s most recent release, Call of Duty®: Black Ops - Cold War , have all gone on to break industry records. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of fan favorite, Call of Duty ’s Zombies.
Working at Treyarch means having the opportunity to work on some of the biggest videogames in the industry, all within a culture that values individual talent and the teams that bring games to life. We provide our teams with the cutting-edge development tools needed to make their most ambitious plans a reality, allowing for rapid iteration and the ability to create the kinds of memorable gameplay moments that are ultimately shared by millions of fans around the world. We also embrace challenges, knowing that together, we can overcome anything…and hopefully inspire a few new game developers along the way.
Treyarch is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch , and @treyarch on Twitter.