Associate People Partner
2 days ago
At Improbable, we’re bringing together technology and games to create new opportunities and experiences. In order to achieve this, we need unique perspectives from diverse people, empowered to revolutionise how online games are made, delivered and paid for.
We believe one of the biggest, most impactful changes to the way we live our lives is going to come from the medium of games. Realising new communities, societies and vocations through virtual worlds is what drives our people and gives them purpose.
The People Team at Improbable are not your normal HR team. We are passionate about people, but first and foremost, we are passionate about making Improbable a successful business. We pride ourselves on being deeply integrated into the business and work in a true partnership with our business leaders.
Our team is comprised of accomplished professionals from across many disciplines including compensation, business partnership, design and delivery, and employee relations. We have worked in large corporate companies and smaller scaling companies. The one thing we all have in common is that we are committed to achieving our mission as a People team and are not afraid of thinking differently to get there.
Areas for Impact
The impact of our team is broad and varied, as you would expect from a company like Improbable. We must focus on achieving the capacity and capability growth required of the business without compromising on the employee experience. Our work touches organisational development; leadership and management development; design and execution of people processes, programs and policies; job architecture (levelling and ladders); wellbeing initiatives; diversity and inclusion initiatives; 1-2-1 coaching…..and much, much more!
Supporting our existing Engineering People Partner Lead, responsibilities for this Associate People Partner role will include:
- Meet individually with people from the business every day, judging the temperature of their working environment, understanding blockers and helping them to achieve their goals through coaching, encouragement and training. You’ll assist in developing our manager community, ensuring they have the tools and knowledge to build well oiled, high performing teams.
- Align expectations and goals for new starters, from welcome communications and developing on-boarding plans, through to the completion of their probation cycle and beyond.
- Support the Engineering People Partner Lead in delivering on our Engineering People Plan
- Contribute to initiatives that ensure Improbable is a great place to work. This will include working with the wider People team on on-boarding, compensation, rewards, recognition, probation, D&I initiatives, performance, career planning and events.
- Generate, analyse and communicate insightful data to help us drive better decisions across the business for all things people.
- Participate in employee relations and conflict resolution where necessary. Take the time to understand opinions/concerns and apply logic, reason and intent to address them.
We'd like to hear from you if you identify with the following
You will be joining an existing People Partner team of 6 with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. As individuals we work hard for the clients we support, but one of our biggest strengths is our unity as a team, and the value we place on collaborating with each other.
Other than being an exemplar of Improbable’s values, you’re probably someone who has demonstrated the following in their career so far:
- Has built the foundation of their HR knowledge and experience; most likely within a technology focused organisation or fast growing environment. You’ll be comfortable acting as the first point of contact for employees and acting as an advisor to managers on People related issues. You may also have experience contributing to or even leading HR projects.
- Innate levels of emotional intelligence and a willingness to invest in relationship building. You will have the ability to put people at ease and build trust
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- A team player, who thrives on collaborating with other People Partners and the specialists within our People function.
- Curious, inquisitive and ready to question when it comes to people and business.
- Sound judgement and problem solving ability.
- Organised and meticulous when it comes to detail, especially where others might overlook it.
- Comfortable delivering in an extremely fast moving, dynamic environment where things can change quickly and the right solution to a problem is often ambiguous.
- Absolute, unbreakable discretion. Experience in dealing with highly sensitive and confidential matters.
- Analytical, with the ability to gather and interpret data, but not afraid to make decisions based on logic or gut.
While we think the above experience could be important, we’re keen to hear from people that believe they have valuable experience to bring to the role. If you identify with the team and mission, but not all of our requirements, then please still apply!!
The best ideas are often the least expected and require new ways of thinking; that’s why our teams at Improbable are made up of an incredible range of talented people. Improbable is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.