Associate Narrative Directo (M/F)
Bordeaux Nouvelle-Aquitaine fr
5 days ago
- Understand the elements of gameplay and consider how they might affect the development of history and allow some adjustments;
- Collaborate with the senior narrative designer, to translate the intentions and required emotions of the player, in order to create appropriate systems;
- Support the senior narrative designer in the creation of systems supporting the key emotions and the game experience through the narrative proper (gameplay production, dialogue, scripted events);
- Formalize, document and update the narrative systems and their implementation, according to the principles established by the narrative director;
- Describe narrative situations, create documents defining their content, their role in the course of the game;
- Participate in the development of specific features and assets to the narrative/scripted events, as well as in their implementation and debug;
- Throughout the production, make necessary changes of the narrative system and scripted events arising from feedback, to allow for a constant support of the narrative experience in order to achieve the desired player experience;
- May be required to assume the responsibilities of the writer on certain projects;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
Skills & knowledge
- Excellent French and English language level
- Good knowledge of video games;
- Knowledge of Game Design basic rules ( learning curve, difficulty curve, the curve of rhythm);
- Strong analytical and structured mind with a strong capacity for abstraction.;
- Listening and communication skills;
- To spot new trends and innovations in the industry.
- 4+ years of working experience in narrative design, script writing, or equivalent;
- Experience in video games is an asset;
- Knowledge of writing, screenwriting rules and filmmaking.
- Phone Interview
- Interview with our internal teams
- Final interview with the project manager
If your application is not retained, you will receive a negative answer. According to the sanitary measures related to COVID-19, all interviews will be held by visioconference and every employee can partially work from home.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences, we value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All personal informations will be treated as confidential according to the Employment Equity act.
Ubisoft's teams are driven by their desire to enrich the lives of players by original and memorable entertainment experiences. They give life to amazing worlds, real playgrounds where the imagination can express itself freely, giving birth to surprising moments of fun and adventure that also help you as a player to discover yourself and learn.
At Ubisoft, you have the opportunity to collaborate and evolve with passionate and pioneering teams in their field, all over the world. You will progress in a caring and inspiring environment in which you will push the limits of imagination and technology to create the worlds that will passionate our players.
Opened in September 2017, Ubisoft Bordeaux is a French AAA Studio responsible for games such as Ghost Recon, Just Dance, Beyond Good & Evil, Steep and the Rabbids. Ubisoft Bordeaux already has more than 200 employees and works with the studios of Annecy, Montpellier and Paris.
In one of the most beautiful regions of France, less than an hour from the ocean and in the heart of the vineyards, the Ubisoft Bordeaux Studio is the ideal place to combine a demanding, creative and international work environment while enjoying an exceptional set of life.
Are you dreaming of taking part in this new challenge? We are currently looking for a Associate Narrative Director (M/F): discover the missions below and join our AAA teams!