This job might no longer be available.
Associate Modeler (remote)
7 days ago
Disruptive Games is a veteran development studio specializing in multiplayer and online experiences. We are an independently owned studio working on a AAA, fully-funded title with original IP!
We’re expanding our fully-remote team with people who share our passion for collaborative, multiplayer gameplay.
Disruptive is looking for an Associate Modeler to help build our unannounced, original title. This is a work-from-home job with a fully remote team. You will work closely with the Art Director and team to build high-quality models and assets, and maintain artistic consistency.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate across the art team and other disciplines to model game-ready, high-quality assets
- Work closely with the Art Director to maintain technical and aesthetical coherence, and keep quality and style consistent across all assets
- Create hero assets with a specific focus on hard surface props and vehicles
- Generate models and materials using UE5's material editor as you create and debug assets with consistent technical standards
- Learn new tools and workflows to tackle technical issues
- Ensure assets are fully optimized for target platforms while minimizing any impact optimization may have on artistic integrity
What You'll Bring:
- Portfolio of work demonstrating strong proficiency as a 3d modeler
- Comfortable giving and receiving feedback and artistic critique
- Experience creating models and organizing them efficiently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An avid gamer with a strong interest in pushing the industry forward, both technically and creatively.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Excellent understanding of Photoshop, Maya, Max, ZBrush, and Unreal (or equivalent)
- Familiarity of Art production on AAA games (PBR, Shader and optimization)
- Experience in another game development discipline ie: illustration, level/character art, programming, animation, etc.
Disruptive Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, interview, and hire people of all backgrounds, orientations, identities, and expressions.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.