Associate Manager for Call for Overwatch League
4 days ago
Team Name:Overwatch League
Job Title:Associate Manager for Call for Overwatch League
The Overwatch League is a global, world-class esports ecosystem designed from the ground up to ensure that teams and players can thrive for years to come, and that fans have the best experience possible. The Overwatch League melds Activision Blizzard’s experience in esports with best practices of time-honored traditional sports.
We are seeking an adaptable, organized, and enthusiastic associate public relations manager to be an instrumental part of a team responsible for executing all PR activities for the Overwatch League. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of five years’ PR experience in the gaming, esports and/or sports industries organizing and facilitating interviews, staffing events, liaising with press, clients and/or partners, and ensuring official documents and reports are accurate and professional. Other areas of responsibility include coordinating the release of Overwatch League -related information globally and assisting the other members of the PR team with a variety of tasks. Impeccable oral and written communication skills, an uncanny attention to detail, and a high degree of flexibility are desired qualities, and a passion for all things Activision Blizzard, specifically Overwatch, is a major plus.
- Execute high-impact public relations programs supporting press activities at Overwatch League and other competitive gaming events
- Arrange and manage the Overwatch League official participation in events, press tours, and interviews
- Manage day-to-day phone/email contact with relevant media, including consumer, sports, and trade media
- Travel domestically and internationally as required
- Assist with public relations activities related to announcements and events
- Source and organize art assets that will be used to feature the Overwatch League in print and online publications
- Collaborate with and fulfill requests for Overwatch League international PR teams
- Create press kits and other promotional materials as necessary
- Contribute to accurate, well-written news releases and other media materials on deadline
- Review and advise on text for Overwatch League websites and other public mediums
- Coordinate PR efforts between different departments within Activision Blizzard, the Overwatch League, and Overwatch League team organizations
- Compile press coverage and prepare detailed executive summaries
- PR agency management
- Take on other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, or journalism, or equivalent experience
- Stable of relevant media relationships
- Excellent speaking, writing, time management, and organizational skills
- A minimum of five years’ PR experience, preferably in the gaming or sports industry
- Ability to consistently exercise good independent judgment, organize thoughts, and execute plans under time constraints and a full workload
- Willingness to work nights, weekends, and overtime as required
- Extremely detail-oriented approach to each assignment, and motivation to consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Team-focused mentality, while being able to proactively complete independent projects with minimal supervision
- Passion for sports and/or esports, technology, entertainment, and Activision Blizzard games, specifically Call of Duty
- Solid list of video gaming, esports, and sports industry contacts
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working with the Call of Duty World League
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.