Associate Manager/Manager, Commercial Operations
4 days ago
Team Name:Activision Blizzard Esports Leagues
Job Title:Associate Manager/Manager, Commercial Operations
Blizzard Entertainment has served as a fundamental force in competitive gaming for over 15 years. With our global esports initiatives continuing to expand, evolve and reach new audiences, we’re searching the world over for talented people who are as passionate about the amazing competition taking place in our games as we are.
Activision Blizzard Esports (ABE) serves as the operational foundation and partnership hub for the Overwatch League and Call of Duty League. ABE is uniquely positioned to create long-term value via the commercialization of the esports portfolio through brand partnership and media rights sales. Overwatch League and Call of Duty League are seeing great success in signing world-class teams, and launching compelling programming to a diverse international audience and quickly became the most commercially successful esports programs in history.
As a leader in Commercial Operations, you will be responsible for supporting leading the integrated CRM strategy for the sales team. You will develop revenue reports, projections, rate cards and manage all commercial budgets. You will also partner closely with our partnerships organization on scaling and supporting their operations.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with business area stakeholders to identify and track key business metrics for all commercial activities
- Perform all CRM administrative tasks as needed for Sales team, such as managing and creating reports/dashboards, conducting regular database hygiene, leading the training of reps, executing special requests, revenue projections/pipeline reporting
- Implement changes and updates to Kore Software or Salesforce to enhance user interface and align with organizational strategy
- Build & manage commercial related budgets and track pacing through the year
- Lead/support the creation of sponsorship rate cards and help measure the value of media
- Create self-service dashboards and develop new KPIs to measure success of department and drive insights
- Keep up-to-date on industry trends as they relate to database management, lead/prospect acquisition, and technological advancements
- Be a subject matter expert on CRM integration with other tools and data warehouse
- Perform ad-hoc research and/or data entry as needed to support MP initiatives
- Develop simple but powerful insights to identify trends and drive action with data
- Play games & watch esports to gather ongoing insight to the competitive landscape
What we are looking for:
- 3-5 years of experience using a CRM system (Salesforce & KORE experience preferred, five years for manager level)
- Understanding of CRM activities and goals
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with effective dashboard and UX design
- Strong passion for the business of sports and esports with a can-do, hard-working, proactive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with colleagues in a team environment
- Experience using advanced visualization tools, Tableau required (PowerBI, or Looker a plus)
- Proficiency in SQL
- Familiarity with EDWs a plus (AWS, GCP)
- Past work as a consultant, business analyst, or similar role a plus
- Bachelor's degree, graduate work a plus