Associate Manager, Global Marketing Planning & Insights
10 days ago
Who We Are:
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, problem solvers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all interested applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need:
2K is looking for a passionate and self-motivated Associate Manager to join the Planning & Insights team. This individual will work cross-functionally with Marketing, Growth Strategy, and Product teams to develop a deeper understanding of our gaming audience through data-driven player insights and market research. You will work on some of the biggest gaming franchises in the business to analyze global gamers, distill insights into actionable plans, and optimize marketing strategy and campaigns to better align with audience needs and behaviors. This position will have a focus on our new and emerging games in development.
The Associate Manager, Global Marketing Insights is a new role and can be based in the Bay Area, Los Angeles, Seattle, London or Dublin, Ireland. This position reports into the Senior Manager, Global Marketing Planning & Insights.
What You Will Do:
- Go beyond simple data analysis to provide meaningful and actionable insights into consumer behavior and marketing performance
- Work collaboratively with our Marketing, Growth Strategy, and Product teams to gather audience data, synthesize and communicate consumer insights from that data, and optimize business strategies and budgets accordingly
- Analyze consumer segments and data and drive consumer journey optimization to close the loop between marketing insights and actions
- Partner with internal teams and partners to identify, summarize, and communicate consumer trends in the gaming industry that will affect marketing strategy and end-to-end consumer experience
- Collate, organise and analyze all relevant marketing and business data to determine what has and has not worked in historical marketing campaigns
- Analyze internal 2K customer data to develop the estimated size of potential consumer segments and identify opportunities for improved targeting and conversion
- Build and distribute presentations, reports and/or dashboards that summarize the development and ongoing optimization of marketing strategies and budgets in a clear and precise manner
- Identify optimization opportunities across marketing channels and work closely with marketing managers and agency partners to implement these opportunities
- Develop hypotheses of how and why marketing investment tactics impacts sales, CPA, and ultimately marketing budgets
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
You have a strategic mind, deep passion for AAA video games, and comfort working collaboratively to drive complex business analyses. You should be able to independently form and communicate hypotheses and feel comfortable taking ownership of project work. Solution-oriented, creative problem solvers, and self-starters with passion and enthusiasm for driving results tend to succeed at 2K!
- B.A. or B.S. in a quantitative field
- 2-3 years of professional experience in a relevant field (we think someone with management consulting or business strategy experience will do well in this position)
- Consumer-centric mentality with a strong understanding for consumers’ desires and behaviors
- Ability to clearly articulate the difference between consumer data and insights
- Proven analytical skills; ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations
- Proven track record in breaking down complex analyses into communicable conclusions that can be shared with diverse stakeholder groups
- Comfort working autonomously; a “self-starter”
- Ability to develop strong, open, and collaborative working relationships by gaining trust to successfully lead and deliver against expectations
- Ability to define solutions that will generate measurable results via a thorough knowledge of the principles of marketing
- Strong Excel skills including pivot tables, vlookups, etc.
- Innate ability to respectfully challenge the status quo
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.