Associate Manager, Global Consumer Marketing - Call of Duty
2 months ago
Job Title:Associate Manager, Global Consumer Marketing - Call of Duty
Job Title : Associate Manager, Global Consumer Marketing - Call of Duty
Reporting To: Marketing Manager, Global Consumer Marketing - Call of Duty
Department : Consumer Marketing
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the video game industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall ® , Tony Hawk ®, Guitar Hero ®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders ™ and Call of Duty ® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s our people.
We’re currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history. To learn more, check us out at www.activision.com, www.activisiongamesblog.com or @Activision on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
We are looking for a marketing superstar with 3+ years of experience managing global brands that shape and move culture. As a critical member of the Consumer Marketing team, you will partner with our Product Marketing team and lead the development of key marketing strategies and consumer-facing marketing campaigns rooted in core product strategies for one of entertainment’s biggest and most successful franchises. In this role, you’ll be on the frontlines of ensuring our brand and company objectives are met in all consumer-facing marketing assets we develop in support of our live games, including Call of Duty: Warzone and our annualized premium games. Working with our Consumer Marketing Managers, you will help oversee day-to-day management of a deep roster of top-flight creative agencies, guiding them through the development and approval of all creative materials within Activision and our game development studio teams.
The right candidate must have the ability to think ahead, work with a team and independently, and also actively contribute cross-functionally to benefit the business overall by driving go-to-market plans with confidence. Impeccable project management skills sit at the core of this role, but this individual will also have the ability to contribute at the strategic level to drive key marketing initiatives, interface with our development partners and inspire our creative partners.
A passion and knowledge of the video gaming industry is a must, as well as experience working on innovative marketing programs and with brands that push the possibilities of marketing forward in an increasingly global and digitized world.
- Assist the Consumer Marketing team in managing global marketing plans, creative executions and production process of all communication vehicles, including TV/Digital advertising, trailers, visual identity, media integrations, events, social, CRM activities and commercial promotions.
- Support Consumer Marketing Manager in the day-to-day management of external agencies and internal creative teams developing tentpole marketing assets at the foundation of our global marketing campaigns each season; ensuring all ideas and communication are on strategy.
- Assist in the preparation of materials and help facilitate communications coming out of creative briefs and subsequent creative reviews with key cross-functional teams, game studios, and executive stakeholders.
- Assist in the marketing asset performance analysis by tracking and consolidating results to help identify best practices and learnings.
- Partner with key studio personnel to facilitate the development of marketing assets, including scheduling, sourcing in-game assets, prioritizing featured content, game build management, and communicating game development updates to creative partners.
- Partner with key retail personnel and first party partners in the development and execution of commercial marketing programs, retail merchandising and promotional sales campaigns across key first party platforms (PSN, XBL, Battle.net).
- Drive project management pipelines by working with key cross-functional teams, studio personnel, and creative agencies to track and communicate key deadlines at all phases of planning through execution, including managing production schedules, cross functional deliverable needs, tracking approvals and feedback, as well as coordinating with international marketing teams to ensure creative support and asset deliveries across the globe.
- Manage a multi-million dollar production budget by processing external estimates and invoices as well as tracking actual costs to ensure we remain on budget throughout the year.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years experience in brand marketing, creative agency account management (or equivalent client-side position) or video game industry
- Experience with building integrated campaigns that blend traditional, digital, social, and influencer marketing; performance marketing experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in project management, analysis and the ability to work across multiple teams
- Eager and able to learn new markets quickly and adjust to changing market dynamics and competitive landscapes
- Passion for gaming, understanding of gaming communities, and current industry trends
- Strong analytical and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Results oriented, self-motivated, proactive
- Well-organized and detail oriented
- Comfortable working in the fast-paced environment
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.