This job might no longer be available.
Associate Manager, AV Events
19 days ago
Job Title:Associate Manager, AV Events
Job Title: Associate Manager, AV Events
Reporting To: Senior Manager, AV Events
Department : AV Events
Location: Santa Monica, CA
The Associate Manager, A/V Events will be responsible for managing the audio visual and technical aspects of internal and external events within Activision Publishing. These events vary from experiential marketing activations to corporate and employee events. The ideal candidate will be an inclusive teammate who is motivated to lead high-profile projects that are flawlessly implemented. This individual will help with the overall audio-visual strategy focusing on innovation with partners around the world.
As the Associate Manager, you will provide your audio-visual and project management expertise to be the main point of contact and support the set-up, execution, and teardown of equipment for all events. You will need to have the ability to setup, run and troubleshoot all general AV equipment (i.e video switchers, projection, audio mixers, lighting equipment and consoles), as well as to set up, run and troubleshoot video conferencing and streaming equipment (i.e encoders, streaming software/hardware and basic network configurations). As the Associate Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining the team’s roadmap from consultation to design and execution. This role should focus on hiring and developing relationships across production companies, agencies, and AV vendors throughout North America and in some cases, internationally. Your assistance in leveling up the events team is a high priority. You will represent our team and partner with vendors to help design, manage, and implement the vision for each event. You will apply metrics to measure success, customer satisfaction, make strategic decisions, and help the team scale accordingly. You will partner with cross-functional teams, senior leadership and other regional leaders to ensure a consistent and exceptional AV experience across all of our pillars.
Your Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience operating and supporting high profile, live events (corporate, entertainment, hospitality, or major event venues) including the ability to set-up, configure and operate multimedia AV integrations, videoconferencing, streaming & broadcast equipment.
- Strategic mentality and leader, problem solver.
- Administrator-level experience using applications such as BlueJeans, Zoom, Zoom Events, Skype and Webex and their administrator capabilities.
- Drive and optimize deployment-related workflows to ensure a streamlined process for all hardware and software requests.
- Experience leading vendors and assigning tasks.
- Advise on standard processes for video, lighting and audio quality for live and streamed events.
- Ability to collaborate and coordinate with internal partners and external vendors across a global organization.
- Strong IT technical background with expertise in IT Infrastructure and helpdesk standard requests.
- Knowledge of standard processes around IT data security.
- Experience with live stage direction and ability to provide direction to talent, presenters, and staff while exuding confidence.
- Ability to prioritize and stay organized in a fast-paced and high-volume environment.
- Experience in reading and writing technical documentation such as CAD, DWG, Blueprints, PNG files, 2D/3D renders, etc.
- Positive attitude and the ability to inspire teams towards success.
- Experience creating presentation decks in Powerpoint, or other applications.
- Strong presentation skills and experience presenting plans to large cross-functional teams
- You are dedicated and thrive on growth and innovation.
- You help create processes to enhance and streamline current AV functions.
- Lead & mentor skilled production companies to deliver flawlessly implemented events.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet.
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, among other characteristics.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/ .In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $72,720.00 - $134,460.00 Annual. These values reflect the expected base pay range of new hires across all U.S. locations. Ultimately, your specific range and offer will be based on several factors, including relevant experience, performance, and work location. Your Talent Professional can share this role’s range details for your local geography during the hiring process. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.