This job might no longer be available.
Associate Localization Producer, Out of Game Content
15 days ago
Job Title:Associate Localization Producer, Out of Game Content
At Blizzard Entertainment we are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever, driven by our core values and passion, Blizzard creates worlds with the focus to entertain the universe. The Localization team plays a key role in making that possible as our mission is to ensure that it feels Blizzard in every language to build and connect our global community.
As a Localization Producer, you are the champion of Blizzard localized products and you continually elevate standards to establish top industry processes and quality by collaborating with our product creators and localization operations teams globally.
If you’re passionate about localization, constantly striving for excellence and possess the spark to continue to challenge the status quo in our industry, we’re looking for you to join our team based in Irvine, CA.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate cross-functionally with content creators, marketing, legal, engineering and other requesters to provide consultation and support to meet their localization needs
- Support the planning and management of localization schedules, collaborate cross-functionally with other localization Project Managers and/or external partners to define requirements and manage timelines
- Participate and support the design and implementation of efficient and scalable end-to-end localization frameworks for multiple products and diverse content types
- Drive with Production team initiatives to foster innovation by analyzing current pain points in workflows and tools and actively provide recommendations for scalable solutions
- Escalate and propose solutions for projects while assessing risks and work well under pressure, in the face of ambiguity and aggressive deadlines
Who You Are
- You are great at communicating; you identify the importance of adjusting your communication according to your audience
- You are strategic; you know how to step back and look at the bigger picture to ensure individual and team efforts are focused and impactful
- You’re curious; you’re eager to learn new skills and tools and seek to always ask the right questions
- You’re courageous; you are not afraid to challenge yourself and others to do the right thing and create accountability
- You make it happen; you are methodical, results driven and know how to get things done
- You’re an excellent project juggler; you can handle multiple complex projects and support a variety of stakeholders without dropping the ball
- 2 years of relevant work experience in localization, preferably as a project/program manager
- Proficient understanding of the end to end localization process for websites, digital media and software products
- Experience with localization platforms, file formats and CAT tools to manage and/or automate translation workflows
- Experience with audiovisual localization workflows for subtitling and localized VO
- Excellent English written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to cultivate productive and positive relationships with external partners, managers, and peers
- BA/BS or 5+ years equivalent work experience
- You have experience with Machine Translation/NMT program setup and implementations
- You have hands-on experience with project set-up, assignment and tracking within a TMS for large and complex projects
- You have worked with Digital Asset Management systems
- Experience with web analytics tools
- You speak more than one language
- Familiarity with Blizzard games/IPs