This job might no longer be available.
Associate Localization Content Manager
16 days ago
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is challenging. That's why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
EA inspires the world to play, and the Worldwide Localization Team makes that happen! We are accountable for delivering the high-quality localized versions of our titles to over 30 countries around the world. You will find a vibrant, multicultural environment with a great mixture of professionals where each employee has an important role to play. You will work on a wide variety of groundbreaking tools and systems to provide Localization to our products. EA has built a cutting-edge Localization powerhouse that covers the needs for both current and next generation platforms.
Reporting to CM Management, the Associate Content Manager goal is to maximize the Return on investment for the money invested by Studio, achieving the best possible quality of the localized contents.
Manage and review all source audio and onscreen contents and reference material, from early pre-production to final, anticipating and reporting specific content issues ahead of localization, always looking at opportunities to improve the efficiency of the localization processes.
The Associate Content Manager will manage the smooth running and final delivery of all assigned projects, from early pre-production, to first party approval and Live title support.
- Content Analysis:
- You will analyse the available content (audio and text) to identify and communicate with the other localization partners which content is relevant for building the recording sessions and batch generation.
- You will keep track of all available contents, and validity of recorded English/source audio files to be used for timing reference and video reference provided by Studio to be used in Loc recordings based on project/franchise needs (i.e. Lip-synch).
- You will maintain a content/feature analysis DB updated during the production cycle, with the objective to highlight risks and quality/end-user preferences to both Dev and Localization teams.
- You will track the English/Source content scope changes versus the original approved assumptions.
- Translation Batch Management : You will create translation batches after content analysis and will import translations back in the systems.
- Risk Management: You will detect and communicate content related risks affecting allocated projects, supporting the Project Manager in putting the necessary mitigations in place.
- Communication: You will allow the communication, internally becoming the main point of contact for content related matters, ensuring the correct information flows directly through yourself or the Project Manager based on the situation.
- In cooperation with the Project Manager, you will create a solid relationship with Studio at project and franchise level, based on early engagement.
- You will understand and follow established development processes used by the team.
- You will monitor existing Content Management processes within your project/franchise and will provide feedback on areas of improvement.
- You will be responsible of documenting all processes/best practices/how to’s, ensuring a smooth transitioning from main game to Live.
- Quality management: You will recognize when product quality is slipping and can propose corrective action or escalate. You will also contribute to maintain a schedule that allows time for quality and polish while making sure your deliverables are based on quality and not simply on task completion.
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Excellent English skills are a must (both written and oral).
- Experienced with Audio and Onscreen content analysis.
- Experienced with the use of Content Management tools.
- Experience with interactions and needs of Localization teams.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (can perform complex functions) or similar, and bug reporting databases.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- +1 years of experience in Localization.
- +1 years of experience in start-to-end videogame content management.
- Experience tracking against goals and deliverables.
- Exposure to audio recording and translation processes, to better understand the dependencies on content management.
- Experience working across multiple departments and geographical locations.
- Experience working in a dynamic environment, and in international/multicultural organization.
- Experience in game production pipelines would be beneficial.