We are EA
EA Madrid is home to our international Localization Studio, comprised of computer engineers, producers, sound and linguistic specialists working to provide localized versions of our titles to over 30 countries around the world. At EA Madrid, you will find a vibrant, multicultural environment where each employee has an important role in this exciting organization.
Main Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Content Management Manager, the Content Manager goal is to increase the Return on investment for the money invested by Studio, achieving the best possible quality of the localized contents.
Manage and review all source audio and onscreen contents and reference material, from early pre-production to final, anticipating and reporting specific content issues ahead of localization, always looking at opportunities to improve the efficiency of the team and the relevant franchise processes.
The Content Manager will manage the smooth running and final delivery of all assigned projects, from early pre-production, to first party approval and Live title support.
You will analyze the available content (audio and text) to identify but also communicate with the other localization partners which content is relevant for building the recording sessions and batch generation.
You will keep track of all available contents, and validity of recorded English/source audio files to be used for timing reference and video reference provided by Studio to be used in Loc recordings based on project/franchise needs (i.e. Lip-synch).
You will maintain a content/feature analysis DB updated during the production cycle, with the objective to highlight risks and quality/end-user preferences to both Dev and Localization teams.
You will track the English/Source content scope changes versus the original approved assumptions.
- Translation Batch Management: You will create translation batches after content analysis and will import translations back in the systems.
- Risk Management: You will detect and communicate content related risks affecting allocated projects, supporting the Project Manager in putting the necessary mitigations in place.
- Communication: You will allow the communication, internally becoming the main point of contact for content related matters, ensuring the correct information flows directly through yourself or the Project Manager based on the situation.
- CRM: In cooperation with the Project Manager, you will create a solid relationship with Studio at project and franchise level, based on early engagement.
You will understand and follow established development processes used by the team.
You will monitor existing Content Management processes within your project/franchise and will provide feedback on areas of improvement.
You will be responsible of documenting all processes/best practices/how to’s, ensuring a smooth transitioning from main game to Live.
- Quality management: You will recognize when product quality is slipping and can propose corrective action or escalate. You will also contribute to maintain a schedule that allows time for quality and polish while making sure you’re your deliverables are based on quality and not simply on task completion.
- Excellent English skills are a must (both written and oral).
- Experienced with Audio and Onscreen content analysis.
- Experienced with the use of Content Management tools.
- Experience with interactions and needs of Localization teams.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (can perform complex functions) or similar, and bug reporting databases.
- +2 years of experience in Localization.
- +2 years of experience in start-to-end videogame content management.
- Experience tracking against goals and deliverables.
- Exposure to audio recording and translation processes, to better understand the dependencies on content management.
- Experience working across multiple departments and geographical locations.
- Experience working in a dynamic environment, and in international/multicultural organization.
- Experience in game production pipelines would be beneficial.
- Familiarity with software development frameworks (Agile, SAFe, Clarizen) would be beneficial.
- Experience managing complex and simultaneous audio projects.
- Experience working with tight and changing timelines.
- Communication, problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Can escalate issues when needed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build and maintain relationships
- Excellent focus on detail.