Associate Lead programmer [Scalar]
16 days ago
Your life at Ubi
Are you interested in disrupting the gaming industry with cloud technology? Then we have a great opportunity for you! We are looking for an Associate Lead programmer to join us and play a significant role in the leadership of our programming team for Scalar, an innovative technology leveraging cloud computing to enable unprecedented scale to vastly detailed game world simulations that would not be possible otherwise.
As a lead, you guide a group of talented and inspired programmers who develop technology critical to the creation of games Ubisoft fans can’t wait to play. Your team achieves its ambitions thanks to your technical know-how, leadership, and ability to make informed decisions. You take pride and share passion for the systems your team develops together.
You can click here to find out more about Scalar.
Your main mission:
On a typical day, you gather your team to discuss progress with assigned tasks. You note issues and brainstorm ways to address them. You review outstanding bugs and how best to approach them. You communicate regularly with leads from other teams, to plan, identify risks and deliver on time.
You code alongside your team daily and you take a direct role in the development of your team members. You regularly update your producer on your team’s assignments and meet with other leads both within and outside your project to discuss how to improve workflows and share technology.
The professional value you bring:
- A degree in Computer science or Software engineering
- Extensive experience in game programming
- Experience leading a team of game programmers
- Participation in at least one full game production or equivalent as a programming team lead
- A good understanding and professional experience of working with modern C++, including package management, refactoring, optimization, debugging and testing
- Professional expertise in cloud platform development (Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, or Azure)
- Experience working with networking protocols, client-server architecture, (RESTful) web services
The personal value you bring:
- Comfortable working in an international environment and excellent communication skills in English
- Self-assurance when facing challenging situations, you know a solution is always at hand
- A deep understanding of video game production with the ease to see the perspectives of other game production disciplines
- Excellent mentorship, interpersonal, and presentation skills
What do we offer benefits wise?
- Meal tickets with the value of 20 RON/day
- Studio offered free days, confirmed on an annual basis for different events
- Bonus scheme based both on individual and company’s performance
- World Class Bronze free subscription
- Access to private medical system and special subscription rates for family members
- On site medical support
- Life insurance
- Specific financial support for different events in your life
- Study leave
- Christmas/ Easter celebration with a special gift
- Partners’ discounts
- Video games and consoles to borrow
- Access to Ubisoft games via own Uplay account
- Annual development opportunities and access to multiple career paths and technical certifications
- Access to specialized training and books on various related skills
- Opportunities for international mobility and assignments
- Wellbeing program (including physical fitness, mental health, financial education and internal communities)
- A great working environment, with an impressive place to work in our offices in Jiului 8
- In-house free French classes
- Hybrid work (from home/ from office)
- Bookster (borrow books for free, delivered at home or in the office)
- Free fruits and coffee in the office
- On-site cafeteria with special discounts
- Ubisoft bikes, free rental
- Parking spaces for cars, bikes, motorbikes
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on any basis, such as race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, health status, age, disability or all the other characteristics that make us different.
We are committed to providing a safe and respectful working environment and foster learning and creativity .
Find us on Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn, see how we do things, how we like to have fun and join us!
At Ubisoft Bucharest, we create games that reach millions of people worldwide. We’re working with top global Ubisoft studios on projects that shape the entertainment industry. From Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, to Watch Dogs, Just Dance and many others – join us in creating the next big titles in gaming.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.