Associate Lead QA Tester
8 days ago
Ubisoft Abu Dhabi is looking for a highly organised and meticulous Associate Lead QA Tester to take ownership of a project and assist in test planning and execution. The ideal candidate will have a firm grasp of testing games on mobile platforms in the free-to-play genre, with experience in bug tracking, reporting and test planning.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Define and create workflows for mobile game testing.
- Implement test plans for new features in the game.
- Stay up-to-date with industry standards and best practices.
- Assign, prioritise and manage a test team’s day-to-day tasks.
- Perform daily tests, owning responsibility for quality and stability of new game content, new features and upcoming releases.
- Create and maintain an efficient workflow: bug identification, bug reporting and follow up throughout development cycle.
- Track bugs and assist developers when needed in identifying/reproducing bugs.
- Collaborate with developers and designers to collect essential information to have optimum QA coverage.
- Provide regular feedback regarding the quality of implemented features.
- Update the team of the release status.
- Advise designers regarding technical requirements of new design features, especially minimum requirements to meet 1st Party certification criteria.
- Follow up on 1st party mobile certification procedures without assistance.
- Send centralized and finalized status reports to the lead tester and dev. team during the certification process.
- Optimize and offer detailed test reports that stay usable to target audience.
- Communicate with internal and external teams to provide efficient and timely support for the development team.
- Know the game inside out and ensure the very highest quality standards are being met.
- Actively encourage the play testing of the game within the company to ensure it is high quality, playable and fun.
- Excellent grasp of content development/testing tools and pipelines.
- Ability to work in a small team, with hands on involvement in production and development of the game.
- Active participation in all key aspects related to testing on various platforms.
- Have first-hand experience with Internal, Open & Closed Beta validations.
- Able to create professional reports for requested situations.
- Knowledge of some bug tracking tool is mandatory.
- Knowledge of Jira, Confluence and MS Excel would be a plus.
- Fluent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience in the Agile testing strategy.
- Keen interest in the current mobile gaming markets.
- A passion for free-to-play games preferred.
- Game Tester with at least 4 years of experience.
- Shipping of at least one title on a mobile platform.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent training and experience.
To all recruitment agencies: Ubisoft does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Ubisoft employees or any other company location. Ubisoft is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Opened in October 2011, Ubisoft Abu Dhabi is one of the first major video game studios based in the UAE capital and is focusing on developing and bringing to market successful mobile games for a worldwide audience.
This position is based in the vibrant expat city of Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. Abu Dhabi is multi-cultural city, based on an island in the Persian Gulf and 1-hour drive from Dubai. Abu Dhabi offers vibrant social and forward-thinking cultural lifestyle. It has an array of experiences and events including pristine beaches, Formula 1, Theme Parks, Louvre Museum, vibrant nightlife and year-round sunshine. Having ranked number 1 for the past 4 years in a row as the safest city in the world (Numbeo), providing a great home and standard of living.
Ubisoft Abu Dhabi successfully released two hidden-object / investigation free-to-play mobile titles: CSI: Hidden Crimes™ and NCIS: Hidden Crimes™. With the acquisition in February 2017 of the massive multiplayer free-to-play game Growtopia, the studio works on the title’s live operations. The team keeps focusing its efforts on creating further content for its live games and strengthening its player’s engagement in addition to work on other unannounced projects.