Associate Lead QA Tester
19 days ago
Who We Are
2K is looking for a talented Associate Lead QA Tester to work on an upcoming Firaxis project, the team behind some of the industry’s most beloved franchises, such as XCOM and the Civilization Series.
BioShock, Borderlands, Civilization, Mafia, NBA 2K, WWE 2K, XCOM… and the list is growing. Since 2K began 13 years ago, we’ve been creating games that we are proud of, and are excited to play ourselves. It’s because of the support of our fans that we are able to innovate, explore new worlds and new ways to tell stories. If we’re being 100 percent honest, a lot of us were fans before we started working here.
As one of the most recognized and talented technology companies in the world today, we strive to hire team members who are customer centric, motivated and who have experiences that bring new perspectives to the company. We seek the best talent and provide experiences to foster a fun and engaging atmosphere. We are looking for team members that are not afraid to learn as well as work hard, while having fun at the same time. We offer an extensive benefits package for full-time employees that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k and ESPP.
SUMMARY: Assists in leading a team in executing test plans on pre-release video games by verifying functionality, data content, performance, usability/playability and compatibility. Must have an extraordinary attention to detail, be successful at pod leading and have a proven commitment to quality. Reports to a QA Lead, Senior QA Lead or QA Manager.
- Support and perform tests on 2D and 3D games repeatedly, while listening and looking for bugs.
- Provide coaching, training, and overall guidance to QA Testers and Senior QA Testers.
- Create and develop test scripts based on business requirements and processes, aligned with defined workflows and use cases.
- Assist in developing, designing and ensuring the overall integrity of the testing strategy including disaster recovery and business continuity testing.
- Help design, develop and implement test plans including regression testing, scripts and tools utilizing documented business requirements and functional specifications.
- Coordinate adequate levels of testing documentation with the appropriate technical groups and/or pods by working with Lead/Manager to identify appropriate data for testing and prepare that data for the test cases.
- Assess and potentially revise testing strategies and cases based on project scope changes.
- Work with appropriate Leads to determine the acceptable range for test results and overall performance.
- Reconcile test results from different tests and different pods.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Exceptional communication and writing skills.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office Excel, Word and Outlook skills.
- Advanced database skills; to include TTP and Jira.
- High productivity with few errors.
- Successful in leading a small or large pod.
- Demonstrates understanding and lives by the departments’ core values with adherence to Company policies.
- Consistently provides a positive role-model to testers, in terms of work performance, attitude and attendance.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 18 years and above.
- 3+ years of QA testing experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of test cycles and processes.
- Reliable, and can be counted on to work all scheduled shifts.
- Capable of working any mandatory overtime; which can occur during the work week, weekends, and occasional holidays.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and occasionally lift up to 20 lbs.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.