Associate, Investor Relations
11 days ago
Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, and meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, and books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly and 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion in 2020 to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, and distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross , Susan G. Komen , American Cancer Society , and NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies , a two-time winner of CNBC’s Disruptor 50 , one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups , and the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the Inc. 5000.
What We’re Looking For:
As an Associate on our Investor Relations team, not only will you fully immerse yourself in all elements of our business, you will also be responsible for owning projects related to our Investor Relations program. You will be relied upon as a key company representative for external investors and research analysts, own the company’s investor presentation materials, prepare quarterly earnings and board presentation materials, manage our quarterly and annual IR calendar, and assist with ad hoc project management.
The Associate will report to the Head of Investor Relations and will have significant exposure to our CEO, CFO and executive team.
What You Will Do:
- Be one of the company’s primary representatives responsible for building and maintaining relationships with institutional investors and research analysts
- Prepare quarterly earnings and board meeting materials
- Own the investor presentation and related materials
- Manage the company’s IR calendar, including investor conference attendance, non-deal roadshows and other meetings
- Manage the investor pipeline and meeting requests
- Maintain consensus model and build analyst coverage
- Assist with and execute other IR or related finance projects as they arise.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience (2+ years in sell-side equity research, equity capital markets, investment banking, or investor relations at a publicly traded company)
- Strong attention to detail and project management
- Clear oral and written communication
- Understands the investment decision process
- Industry domain expertise working with growth companies or in Technology or Media companies
Skillz embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, and we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance .