Associate HR Generalist
2 months ago
Job Title:Associate HR Generalist
Associate HR Generalist
At Blizzard Entertainment we are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever, driven by our core values and passion, Blizzard creates worlds with the focus to entertain the universe.
You are a great human resources professional with the skillset, curiosity, and motivation that is a perfect fit for any HR department in nearly every industry. Every company has employee relations issues, benefits, and the usual slew of HR functions, so why come to Blizzard Entertainment? We offer one of the most fast-paced, progressive, and visionary environments for HR professionals to ply their craft.
Our HR staff ranks among the most talented and professional in any industry, but they also place a high value on creative thinking and unique approaches. For those of you with an adventurous spirit and a desire for knowledge-sharing and growing, we would like to add you to our team! You’ll be participating in and helping shape and improve the day-to-day operations of HR functions.
The ideal candidate is highly responsible, organized, flexible and has the ability to maintain a strict code of confidentiality. You must have a demonstrated aptitude for working well with people, and the desire to jump in and contribute to an agile, fun, and fast-paced environment.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
What You’ll Do
- Take point for inquires around policies, procedures, payroll, time-keeping, benefits, leave of absence, etc. for 1000+ technology organization employees and leaders
- Partner with our HR centers of excellence (Global Rewards, HR Operations, Talent Acquisition, etc.) to assist HR Partners with executing a suite of human resources programs
- Take ownership of onboarding for all technology organization new hires and offboarding for departing employees
- Ensure the integrity of employee data by processing HR transactions in core HRIS and other various HR systems (Workday, Ultipro, etc.)
- Provide HR Partners and respective client groups with reporting and special projects as required
- Assist HR Partners with first level employee relations situation as they arise
- Assists HR team with organizing new hire mixers and other HR related events and programs
- Support the Tech Org HR team with administrative tasks including creating team meeting agendas, planning team events, filing, and other clerical tasks as they arise
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Communications, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, or related field
- A minimum 2 years’ experience in the HR field
- Working knowledge in California employment law
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with multiple levels of management
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills with a detail-oriented approach to problem solving
- Able to use discretion when presented with confidential and sensitive information
- High level of integrity as demonstrated personally and professionally
- Able to work well in a dynamic, fast pace and ever-changing environment
- Able to build relationships across all levels of the organization
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint, etc.)
- Experience with HR systems, specifically Workday and Ultipro
- Experience working in an HR department with an entertainment, publishing, or interactive company
- PHR/SHRM-CP certification
- Passion for video games, entertainment and/or technology industry
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!