Associate Gameplay Engineer (Animation)
16 days ago
CCP Games is looking for a talented, passionate Associate Gameplay Engineer (Animation) to join our team in London building a new and highly ambitious online shooter. We are looking to grow a relatively small, tight-knit team, capable of delivering big ideas through experience, smart process, and world-class tools.
As Associate Gameplay Engineer (Animation) you will utilize your passion, creativity, and technical acumen to support the Animation team in achieving the creative vision for Animation in our game. You will report to the Lead Gameplay Engineer and be supported by senior team members to work with Production and Design on a daily basis to craft the vision of Animation and core Gameplay.
Animation Engineering experience in Unreal Engine is a must.
We believe diversity is a strength and we are looking for talent across the board.
- Extend established Animation Engineering systems to meet the project’s Animation requirements (with support from experienced engineers and animators)
- Take responsibility for development of Animation Engineering and other Gameplay features and game systems, primarily in Unreal Engine / C++
- Design and implement maintainable and expandable game systems
- Work closely with other programmers to find great technical solutions
- Work closely with designers to flesh out features and create good Gameplay feel
- Continual learning and knowledge sharing about state-of-the-art games systems and coding best practice
- Work as a key part of an agile development team, taking responsibility for organising and planning your own work
- Participate in code reviews to maintain quality and share knowledge
- Bug fixing and optimization, including at the engine level
What we can offer you:
- Proven track record of developing Animation systems in Unreal (1 st person shooter, IK and Control Rig experience would all be a bonus)
- Experience in the technical design and implementation of game systems such as traversal, AI, navigation, shooter combat, real-time networking, anti-cheat technology
- Willingness and ability to design and implement major game systems with minimal supervision
- Ability to solve complex problems and communicate technical issues effectively with members of all disciplines
- Passion for playing and building video games!
- Significant professional experience with C++
- Good understanding of Unreal Engine / Blueprint
- Versatility and pro-activity, a willingness to contribute to a wide range of engineering tasks and have a positive impact on code/game quality across the board
- Experience with software debugging and optimisation
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
- The inspiring challenge of working on a pioneering, ambitious project with great coworkers.
- An opportunity to learn and grow within an international company.
- A multicultural work environment that encourages growth, creativity and innovation.
- Free lunches, drinks and snacks.
- A family friendly work environment with flexible work hours.
- Employer contributory pension plan.
- Life assurance cover.
- Private medical and dental.
- Annual transportation grant.
- Annual sports grant.