Associate Game Director
17 days ago
We have a rare and extremely exciting opportunity for a talented Associate Game Director to join our team and work on a new unannounced game. We have a number of projects live here at Lucid Games, this role in particular will be to join our team working on one of the biggest projects set to launch in the next few years.
The Associate Game Director works closely with the Game Director to bring together all aspects of the game into an experience that is coherent, consistent, engaging and of world-beating quality. Like every Game Director, every Associate Game Director is different in some way, and plays to their unique strengths, but they will always help execute clear game direction on all levels.
- Coordinating project and discipline Leads
- Helping communicate the vision for the game through multiple formats and channels
- Running playtests, analysing feedback and recommending changes
- Reviewing and testing the build
- Assisting the Game Director
- Resolve personnel challenges, and continue to develop the Lucid games quality culture.
- Extensive knowledge about game development
- At least one AAA game shipped as a Lead
- Experience in supervising a team
- Excellent leadership skills
- Solid communication skills, especially for conveying a vision on highly collaborative projects.
- Multiplayer design / development
- Open-world design / development
- Combat design / development
- Experience and knowledge of online and live games, including retention features
The interview process for the Associate Game Director role is made up of 2 stages:
- First interview (45 minutes) – An informal chat to discuss your experience and working history relating to the position with our Studio Creative Director and Studio Design Director. In return, we will provide a full overview of the role, life at the studio as well as answer any questions you may have.
- Final interview (45 minutes) – A final Interview with our Studio Head and Studio Production Director. You will have a lot of opportunities to ask any questions about the studio, game and culture.
Our recruitment process typically takes 2-4 weeks depending on availability. We work our process around your availability and try to be as accommodating as possible. A member of our recruitment team will be in touch prior to your first interview and will keep in contact throughout the process. If you have any specific questions prior to this please contact email@example.com
Lucid Games is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We can provide suitable adjustments during our recruitment processes. Should you require adjustments/flexible arrangements to interview, or take up a role at Lucid, please let us know in the notes/cover letter section of your application. This will not affect your application.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.