Associate Game Director, Ubisoft Sherbrooke
10 days ago
When you’re an Associate Game Director, you support the game director, who must ensure that the game systems properly convey the creative vision and that the vision remains an integral part of the target player experience.
You will also assist the game director in reaching the strategic design objectives set out for a project by guiding conceptual application in the game. You will support the director in overseeing the quality, variety and balance of the narrative systems and overall experience.
What you'll do
- Work with the game director to ensure that the game design meets the vision that was set out;
- In collaboration with the director, help define best design methods for the project and inform the design team;
- Communicate quality and content expectations to the design team on a regular basis so that the systems take constraints onto account in order to ultimately create the optimum user experience for target players;
- Coordinate first-level validations for the elements that are produced based on the game designer’s vision and/or follow up on and validate the data to guide the development of game systems and levels based on the game designer’s vision;
- Translate the rational game design elements into elements that can be used by the level designer;
- Support the level design director in translating and deploying the game design elements into operable elements for the level designer;
- For multi-studio projects, harmonize design across all sites and help carry out tasks assigned to other design teams whenever applicable.
What you bring
- A diploma in video game design and production or equivalent.
- At least three (3) years’ experience as a game designer or any other relevant experience
- Experience in supervising a team of game designers an asset
- Client/user focus
- Influence and positive leadership
- Openness and ability to build consensus
- Solid communication skills
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate a vision
Ubisoft Sherbrooke is set to open its doors in 2022.
In the heart of Sherbrooke, this new studio will be composed of multidisciplinary teams dedicated to developing iconic franchises that engage millions worldwide.
We're looking for passionate creators who want to make exceptional games and deliver memorable experiences to our players. Joining Ubi Sherbrooke means playing a major role in the video game industry. It represents contributing to advancing Ubisoft's tech and shaping the economic and social landscape of the Eastern Townships. These are local efforts with positive, far-reaching impacts!
The world of work is changing. And so are we. Our universal vacation time, hybrid and flexible work, competitive benefits, and host of learning opportunities will allow you to reach your full potential. Here, work-life balance is at the core of our day-to-day.
At the Sherbrooke studio, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with an array of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
Our desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve will contribute to the innovation and boundary-pushing that will result in our collective success.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.