Associate Game Designer
6 days ago
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Atomic Arcade is a brand-new video game development studio located in the Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina area led by industry veterans from AAA game and film studios. We are in the process of staffing up our development team with outstanding talent to build our first multi-platform, AAA game - a bold, new take on the GI JOE Universe starring the legendary character Snake Eyes! This is an excellent opportunity to not only build an outstanding AAA experience but to also help form the core foundations for the studio and team to build upon. We are proud to be part of Wizards of the Coast which is a division Hasbro.
As an Associate Game Designer, you will apply your love for gaming along with your innovation and creative problem-solving skills to define and craft AAA player experiences that have a meaningful impact on their relationship with the features that we (and you) develop. You will collaborate across teams with other developers who bring their creativity and expertise to work every day.
What You'll Do:
- With guidance of a mentor or lead, design, document, build and implement game features, systems and mechanics.
- Partner across teams and with developers to take designs from conception to final.
- Maintain solid understanding of current gaming trends, content and designs.
- Iterate on your designs based on feedback from peers, team leadership, playtests and user research.
- Participate in team playtests and provide constructive feedback for the game.
- Be an advocate for player experience and build compelling user stories.
- Contribute to a positive and inclusive work environment.
What You’ll Bring:
- At least 1 year of prior design experience.
- Excitement for learning and growing as a designer. Able to quickly develop new skills and tackle new information and viewpoints.
- Ability to translate designs from ideas to final implementation.
- Constructively give and receive effective and useful feedback.
- Have a strong understanding of game design fundamentals and game theory.
- Excellent communication skills across internal and external teams and the ability to provide clear and concise direction, bridging the gap between both sets of teams.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as a comprehensive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation range for this role. The range listed is just one component of Wizards of the Coast’s total compensation package for employees. Employees may also be eligible for annual and long-term incentives. In addition, Wizards of the Coast provides a variety of benefits to employees. Here’s a look at what your benefits package may include: Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation Time & Holidays, Generous 401(k) match, Paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Program, Employee Giving & Matching Gifts Programs, Tuition Reimbursement, Product Discounts, and more.
$56,000 — $95,640 USD