Associate Game Designer
East Side Games
Vancouver British Columbia Canada
11 days ago
WHAT IMPACT CAN AN ASSOCIATE GAME DESIGNER HAVE AT ESG
At East Side Games, we all band together to deliver a world-class gameplay experience for our players around the globe. Whether that’s working with Ricky and the Gang on Trailer Park Boys: Greasy Money, or on any of our other current or upcoming titles, you’re committed to making memorable player experiences. Everyone has an impact here.
As an Associate Game Designer , you will join East Side Games and work with our teams to ensure data and information that we learn from our games is shared across our internal teams and external partners in a compelling and clear way. In other words, your contributions will help East Side Games understand the science behind beautiful game design and help ensure we continue to create experiences that bring passionate gamers to our world.
WHAT YOU MIGHT DO IN YOUR DAY TO DAY
- Implement event data using standard studio templates and practice
- Retune and polish existing live operations data through hands-on evaluation
- Manage data entry and cleanup of plot points and dialogue
- Play-test upcoming content for balance and length
- Participate in-game data analysis to evaluate project targets and KPIs
- PLAY OUR GAMES!!!
WHAT YOU BRING TO ESG
- Insatiable love for free-to-play mobile games
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to share knowledge in a succinct and clear manner
- Experience working with spreadsheets and raw data
- Interest in playing mobile games and brainstorming with others to bring new ideas to the table
- A gamer, particularly mobile games, but we still love you if you’ve imagined your own board game, play console games, or enjoy other online experiences.
- Hungry, humble, and smart and can use these three pillars to impact you and those around you.
- Comfortable in an environment where priorities and plans change rapidly, but with intention.
- Solution-oriented, self-motivated, and diligent.
- Community-minded, whereby a collective mission of the project is a shared priority.
- Empathic, compassionate, and curious.
- Your values are governed by justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO WORK AT ESG?
We are East Side Games – a pillar in beautiful Vancouver’s gaming community. Our mission is to create games that are easy to pick up, hard to put down, and don’t suck! We put players at the heart of our evolution, independence, and profitability. With their help, we’ve defined the narrative, idle gaming space with huge IPs that reach the lives of millions globally… And we’re just getting started!
Culture rules here, and that’s what makes us unique. We put people at the core of what we do. We believe that you can steer the ship of your career, and we anchor through support, trust, and connection. Tackle your challenges, share your learnings, then share a drink with the studio in our weekly Cheers Friday Announcements. Have we piqued your curiosity? Then check out our amazing Culture and Benefits ! We note that our culture is not a monolith, and is ever-changing based on the folks holding space at East Side Games.
WE’RE BUILT ON THE FOUNDATIONS OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
East Side Games are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, and will utilize the strengths you bring to foster your growth and the studio’s growth.
If this sounds like everything you hoped for and more, and you’re enthused to build genre-defining narrative idle games, click the “Apply Here” button below. If now is not the right time for you but you know someone who would be a great match for us at East Side Games, check out our referral bonus here! Let’s build great games together.
We can’t wait to hear from you!