Associate Game Designer - Table & Taste
3 months ago
About the Team
At our CrowdStar studio, we believe that there is a huge opportunity in interactive entertainment products for women, and CrowdStar’s goal is to build products which engage, empower and enrich lives.
With our two top grossing titles, Covet Fashion and Design Home, CrowdStar has developed new ways for players to enjoy fashion and interior design. Not only are we changing how women game, we’re also changing how they discover and shop for everything from clothing to shoes, or furniture to home decor. CrowdStar prides itself on building products that push the line between App and Game. As a team, we are passionate not only about creating entertainment but also providing real value outside of the game. This studio is now in the early stages of creating its next big hit.
About the Role
Our CrowdStar Studio is looking for a highly creative Designer to shape the next generation of mobile experiences for female players. You will be joining a team in its early production development, giving you opportunities to make impacts across many aspects of the game. You will have the chance to work with multiple team disciplines while crafting new features and systems.
You have a strong sense of free-to-play engagement loops balanced with fun gameplay elements, a solid understanding of progression, pacing and game economies. Most importantly though, you can think beyond the features to the player psychologies and motivations. Making games that push into new markets and themes requires innovation, not the reuse of mechanics seen in other games. Focus on these skills will be an essential part of the interview process and the ability to demonstrate confidence in this space is expected.
You'll most often:
- Write clear design specifications for features and systems for free-to-play mobile games
- Work with multiple team disciplines to meet design development requirements
- Design and iterate on features in early production as well as in live-ops
- Ability to provide design mock ups to help inform design decisions
- Work with UI / UX to ensure the best player experience
- Work with the User Research team to validate features and concepts with the target audience
- Think creatively and critically about all proposed changes to ensure product success
Ideally your background includes:
- 2+ years in design for either social games or apps
- Strong empathy and knowledge of a female audience
- Solid collaboration skills, team-first mentality
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to consolidate feedback on designs, as well as ability to prioritize changes effectively against product priorities.
- Precision when documenting features and product decisions
- Core knowledge of mobile trends and design practices
- An understanding of usability principles
- UI/UX experience a plus